We stayed here for the last part of our honeymoon and had 3 nights in what can only be described as a room with a view! We arrived really early (just after 11am) and Tony on reception, who was super friendly and helpful, informed us our room was ready. Wow! The room are nicely decorated, quite large and very comfortable and we were lucky enough to be given a room with a view of Golden Gate Bridge - stunning!
The motel itself is perfectly situated on Lombard Street. The area is safe - we walked back from the great little pub over the road at 1am; I went out alone early in the mornings for a coffee to the streets either side of Lombard (there are some fab restaurants and coffee shops either side, so worth venturing out). You can walk everywhere from The Coventry Motor Inn - it takes about 30mins to Pier 39, same to the crooked part of the street - but parts are very steep, and about 40 from the central shopping area - however, all of it is a pleasant (and mainly safe - avoid Eddy St) walk.
Yes, the motel is on a busy main road, but we booked it for convenience of being able to get around (though we actually didn't use the car at all in SF), and the parking is included in the price. And, in all honesty, the traffic noise isn't intrusive when you're in the room - Lombard St isn't that busy late at night.
The staff were great and helped us with all our queries. The only down side to the motel is a distinct odour of cigarettes when you exit the lift - maybe 3rd floor used to be the smoking floor. It's not in the rooms (well we didn't notice it in ours'), but definitely in the hallway. However, that doesn't detract from what a great find this motel is - I think you'd struggle to beat it for value and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coventry Motor Inn features spacious, tastefully decorated rooms. Rooms are available with your choice of one king, two queen, or two double beds to ensure your comfort.Each room has a comfortable, well lit seating and work area, individually controlled heat and air-conditioning, direct-dial phone, coffee maker, and color TV.Other conviniences include free covered parking and ready public transportation to all parts of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Coventry Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coventry Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Coventry Hotel San Francisco
- Coventry Motel San Francisco
- Coventry Inn San Francisco