“Glad I found this restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
7 Mission
150 7th St., San Francisco, CA 94103 (SoMa)
(415) 861-3298
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,135 of 5,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: SoMa
Neighborhood: SoMa
Canmore, Canada
“Glad I found this restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Good food, good service. We had gone into Chinatown for authentic chinese food and finally chose a restaurant that locals seemed to frequent. But I came to realize I'm Canadian not Chinese and unfortunately I can't appreciate authentic chinese food. 7 Mission was the perfect choice for us.

Visited May 2012

San Marino, California
“Super yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I ate here 3 times on my trip. I had the noodles with BBQ pork. It is very authentic and a great way to eat local food.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bay area, CA
“If you find yourself in the Civic Center area of SF, give it a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

7 Mission Street Restaurant serves Chinese/vietnamese food. I work a couple of blocks away, and it's a favorite place for lunch. It's really just a little cafe, not at all pretentious, with good food at good prices. The reason I really like it is that the food is above average for this kind of restaurant and price. For under $7 you can get some really tasty, freshly made Chinese food - there's one or two items on the menu that I recognize from Vietnamese restaurants, but mostly it's Chinese.

Try their eggplant chicken, or mango chicken, or clay pot.

It's popular at lunch time - I make a point of going at 11:30 or even 11:45 to beat the rush - and it's noisy, too; once it starts filling up, you can't hear yourself think, much less your lunch companion speak.

It's not in a great part of town (<< understatement), there's no view or other attraction to it, but if you happen to be visiting the Civic Center area for whatever reason - there's 2 -3 hotels around - and are hungry, I recommend it.