“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf - CLOSED

The Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf
145 Jefferson Street, San Francisco, CA (Fisherman's Wharf)
800-439-4305
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf features more than 270 life-like wax personalities in 50 all new scenes, enhanced with artistic lighting, realistic props and informative narrations. Guest view all aspects of life as they wander through the Hall of Religion, Chamber of Horrors, King Tut's Tomb, Gallery of Stars and much, much more, offering something of interest and enjoyment for everyone. Open 365 days a year.
Woodland, California
26 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family visited the Wax Museum at Fishermen's Wharf in SF with our of state family members. The exhibits were well done. Some figures were mediocre but overall most were dead on. It was larger than I anticipated. We were allowed to take photos which became interesting mementos of the trip.

Visited October 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was such a sweet reminder of our love of the Buena Park location for which has closed. They said it would take 30 minutes to go through and yet it took 2 hours. It was great to really look at each exhibit compared to single standing statues like Madame Tussaud's. We enjoyed it very much, and with a combo ticket to another place such as the Aquarium, it is so worth it. We spent 5 days in San Francisco and seen so much, even with 6 year old twins in tow.

Some statues were very like, some weren't, but either way, it was on our list, and we seen it. Great to add a meal at Boudin across the street or Rainforest Cafe next door!

Visited May 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
“Not worth the time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Luckily we had free entry tickets, the wax works were very old, some even hard to tell who they were!
Not worth the time!

Visited May 2013
9 attraction reviews
“Waxed out!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The museum fun, I really visited because I got a really good deal from Living Social. i don't think I would go if I had to pay regular price tickets. My six year old daughter was fascinated, however there is a "scary section" which I don't reccomend for children. The location was easy to find. The sculptures are interesting, and some are very realistic. This is a good activity to pass time however I would not go there specifically to visit.

Visited January 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Not too bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My gf and I enjoyed this place. We even had our photo taken at the photo booth as memorabilia. Love the horror section. It looks very real to us. Great location too. After the visit, we went to get our souvenirs and had something to eat nearby. Go for it!

Visited September 2012