We stayed at the Mark while attending a Holiday Party. My boyfriend won a free stay in his company raffle, and as we live 15 miles away, we went ahead and stayed the night.
The hotel is pretty average for San Francisco standards. A small room, nicely decorated, with breathtaking views. The staff was a disappointment, when I called to confirm the reservation, I was transferred 4 times and then hung up on. They weren't much nicer in person.
Parking runs something like $48.00 a day. That's (unfortunately) about normal for San Francisco. However, we shopped around online and saw that you can park at the Nob Hill Masonic Center, which is located at 1111 California Street (apprx. 1 1/2 blocks away) for $27 for a 24 hour period. And that's only if you need to drive. San Francisco has fantastic public transportation, so usually a car is not necessary.
The rooms were okay, the room service prices were ridiculous, $18 for a cheeseburger!! (but that's par for the course, I guess).
The only reason I would recommend this hotel would be for out of town visitors who want some views and don't know which parts of the City to avoid (we do have our problem areas). The hill leading up to the hotel is one of the steepest in the City, so I don't recommend this hotel for anyone who has trouble walking.
Overall, we weren't really impressed with the hotel, but we didn't pay anything for it, so it was okay. I'd stay there again, but only if the room was free.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.