Booked a 4 night stay with reward points. Double bedded room with view of harbour and Fairmont hotel, reasonably sized room, well furnished and clean, beds super comfy, very large luxurious bathroom.
Breakfast and cocktails at the Top of The Mark, very expensive, but well worth it for the views and the experience.
If you are looking for a huge bling style hotel, with all the "lobby experience" stuff then this hotel is not for you. This is a classic historical hotel, were the luxury is understated, not over the top.
The Mark Hopkins is very centrally located, although you do need to walk up and down hills to get anywhere - but this is San Fancisco! They do however run a free limo service to Union Square.
Overall a very nice hotel, and I would be more than happy to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental