Our room was overly hot for our one night stay. After many complaints, nothing was done to fix this - slept with windows open and a constant longing and hope for a breeze to pass by... The room, while pleasantly accommodated, seems to be dated along with the rest of the property. The elevators are almost reminiscent of a circus act due to their minuscule size and large crowds that feel the need to cram in at every stop.
There are lots of wonderful hotels in San Francisco. This is not one of them. It is average at best and lack the polish and charm that many of the others seem to possess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental