Stayed here a couple nights on a business trip. Room was the size of an old hotel in NYC:cozy but functional. Top of the Mark was a great disappointment, not because it was so foggy that you couldn't see passed the reflection on the windows, but because it is much smaller than I thought it would be, the food choices also smaller and more expensive, the drinks okay and also expensive. Guess I just don't get what all the fuss is about.
The desk staff was certainly not the most cordial or attentive I have met. Question: do you want two keys?" Answer: "No thanks." Question: Would you like a key to to minibar?" Answer: "No thanks." i got two keys and a key to the minibar. Wonder what would have happened if I had said yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental