We chose the hotel for the location and the large room reserved.
The service is extremely poor, the hotel is an example of the badly managed staff. Service Front desk took a while to check us in: the room was not ready after 2 pm so we had to wait for almost 2 hours.
At front desk the staff was not interested in making the customers feel welcome.
The room was very noisy (a junior suite). Sometimes it felt like we were sleeping beside the lift. All in all we just won't come back again.
There is little or nothing included at no extra cost -- neither free wi fi nor even a single bottle of water as a welcome
We only appreciated the location and the breakfast
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Amex, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.