Position could not be better for a visit to San Francisco. Very central, directly in front of the cable car. Easy access on foot to Embarcadero, Union Square. No traffic problems when arriving by car. Parking is very pricey, though.
Reception is professional and friendly. Nonchalently tried to switch our "bay view" room to "city view". However, on our comment we were given a splendid room with view on both.
Room was nice, big and well furnished. Spectacular views from 14th floor. Bathroom prone to being flooded by shower but spacy, clean and new.
Breakfast in Top of the Mark was superb with great panorama of city and bay below.
Will be back any time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental