The Mark Hopkins was a great location on top of Nob Hill and really had some good views from both the Top of the Mark and the room we had on the 9th floor.
- Rooms seem to have been remodeled recently and we very comfortable
- The bathrooms were spa worthy and elegant
- The location one block from the intersection of all three cable cars was intriguing, but proved useless because we could never find a cable car that wasn't full.
- The hotel is pricey and that includes nothing!
- The place is aging. Dated hallways. 3 small elevators to the rooms.
- The Top of the Mark holds about 6 people. Views are pretty good, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental