There is no gift shop or place to pick up quick essentials nearby unless you go across the street to the Fairmont, where, you will be told after the clerk runs your credit card that you need to pay $0.10 for a bag - that is after the Fairmont gift shop clerk finishes up her conversation with another hotel staff person who is visiting. Back over at the Intercontinental, you might want to go up to the Top of the Mark for a late lunch - wrong! Even though hours are never stated in any of the in room hotel documentation, lunch is only served until 2pm. You can access the internet at two different price points, unfortunately the "basic" service is like revisiting dial-up internet from the year 2000.
Rooms were nice and all that jazz, but this hotel was only so so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental