This is a high-rise, older hotel on almost the highest point in the City. Good rooms, great service (friendly staff) - only thing missing is a gift shop/coffee bar. If you want bottled water or something similar, you have to go across the street to the Fairmont - which is kind of strange - the staff actually tells you to go to a competing hotel. And a nice coffee shop - even a Starbucks - would be great - as there isn't one on property - and the closest Starbucks is 4 or 5 blocks away. Food in the restaurant atop the facility is good - and the views can't be beat. Rooms could use an update - still have older tv's and coffee makers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental