The hotel is in a beautiful location, convenient to the cable cars on Russian Hill. It is well-known for its fabulous Sunday brunch at the "Top of the Mark". The Top of the Mark has a clearly posted no cell phone policy. Unfortunately, our brunch was spoiled by a loud, lengthy cell phone conversation. What made this cell phone call all the more annoying is that it was being conducted by the general manager of the hotel, Jean Francois Gatti. At one point, he got up an moved closer to our table to be closer to the window and get better reception. The brunch itself was fantastic -- an incredible array of foods, all of it well-prepared.
While the hotel is by no means a ripoff, I don't think I'd return. The room was oddly arranged (bathroom door right at the foot of the bed) and, despite making the reservation well in advance, we couldn't have a king bed. The hotel does not offer a ton of amenities (no sauna or whirlpool, for example; no airport shuttle). We checked out the Fairmont which is right across the street and that seemed much nicer for slightly more money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental