I enjoyed the hotel, breakfast, cookies, coffee (excellent!), and all the other amenities. Never made it for the nightly drinks and snacks as was out sightseeing. The service was excellent. There were relatively good restaurants within 2-3 blocks walking distance.
As my stay was in October and the weather was a little warm, I had to keep the windows open as there is no AC. Unfortunately there is a very noisy brew pub across the street and a nearby youth hostel. This can be a problem on weekends if you want to go to sleep earlier than 1 am. It did sound like a "rave" as one reviewer stated. Sunday night was relatively quiet. Also the hotel is up the hill and requires a hike from the BART station, difficult when toting your luggage, but that is to be expected in San Francisco. And I'm almost 60 years old and not in the best of shape. But the hotel is otherwise in a good location and is a good value by San Francisco standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located between Nob Hill and Union Square, Petite Auberge is the perfect small hotel for a trip to San Francisco. The Petite Auberge welcomes you to a world of French provincial enchantment. French doors with beveled glass, a collection of French art, a cozy parlor with a crackling fire and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres. Most guestrooms offer fireplaces. We offer a generous breakfast buffet each morning and an evening wine reception. Fresh baked cookies are available each afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Petite Auberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petite Auberge Hotel San Francisco
- Petite Auberge San Francisco