This hotel was chosen really due to it's reviews on here and fact that it was listed as a boutique hotel. Arrived here from San Jose around midday so as we were unable to check in we headed out to San Fran. The girl on reception was helpful without being impressive and the car we had was dealt with by the valet guy straight away.
When we returned at around 2am after a long, long day seeing San Fan we finally got to the the room. It was exactly as expected in that the decor was simple in a boutique style. Unfortunately the fire place that we had paid extra for didn't work and the room was freezing. The guy in reception at this time came up to try and sort it out but he was unsure what he was doing so given that we were taking about gas(!) we decided to leave it till the next day.
He headed to reception the following morning to sort it out and also express the fact that we were p!ssed off that we'd paid extra for this feature room and the 'feature' didn't work....no surprise when she just stared at us with relatively vacant expression. At which point we realised that this was beyond her thinking capacity.
The maintenance guy came up later on a sorted it out and it was worth getting sorted as it made the room after a long day pounding the streets.
Breakfast was good, pretty simple, continental, but enough to get you're fill for the day.
Finally, for some reason, everything for this hotel is dealt with next door at the the white swan, which is a bit inconvenient but not the end of the world.
Over all a decent stay, not really impressed by the staff but the hotel is nice and worth a look in at the right price.
- Also Known As:
- Petite Auberge Hotel San Francisco
- Petite Auberge San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located between Nob Hill and Union Square, Petite Auberge is the perfect small hotel for a trip to San Francisco. The Petite Auberge welcomes you to a world of French provincial enchantment. French doors with beveled glass, a collection of French art, a cozy parlor with a crackling fire and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres. Most guestrooms offer fireplaces. We offer a generous breakfast buffet each morning and an evening wine reception. Fresh baked cookies are available each afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Petite Auberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.