Spent two nights in January at this hotel. We have stayed at other JDV hotels in the past and found them to be outstanding.
We were both very dissapointed with this place. It is in an old building, we heard every single noise possible there is no soundproofing at all. All of the furniture needs to be replaced or updated. All of the flooring needs to be replaced.
I thought maybe it was just our room, but apparantly according to a staff member none of the rooms have been updated since 1985.
An old, boutique type of hotel would be fine but there is no excuse for the condition of the rooms in this place.
On the positive side I would say this room was clean. All of the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help. This is not a reflection on the cleanliness of the hotel or room, but more on the fact that things need to be replaced or renovated in order to still be nice.
That coupled with the prices they charge, I would not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located between Nob Hill and Union Square, Petite Auberge is the perfect small hotel for a trip to San Francisco. The Petite Auberge welcomes you to a world of French provincial enchantment. French doors with beveled glass, a collection of French art, a cozy parlor with a crackling fire and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres. Most guestrooms offer fireplaces. We offer a generous breakfast buffet each morning and an evening wine reception. Fresh baked cookies are available each afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Petite Auberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petite Auberge Hotel San Francisco
- Petite Auberge San Francisco