I found Petite Auberge a very comfortable place to stay. The room had the little things that make a place comfortable: sitting chairs, good light for reading in bed, lots of shelves in the bathroom, a full length mirror, lots of drawer space, free wifi. And that doesn't even touch on the free breakfast and h'orderves w/ wine! I always find it a hassle when traveling to just sit down to relax a glass of wine in the evening or get a lite breakfast, so I really appreciated it. The buffet breakfast was sausage, quiche, fruit, various baked goodies, oatmeal, cold cereal, and toast. Not a big fancy affair like a B&B, but clearly better than the "continental breakfast" a lot of hotels serve. There was a small breakfast room, plus a sitting area with several small couches. This would certainly be a nice area to sit around drinking coffee all morning.
I was there on a weekday and they shared a front desk with the White Swan two doors down.
The building is older and squeeks a bit. We didn't have problems with loud neighbors, but I imagine there could be problems.
The location is good -- a few blocks (though with a hill) from Union Square.
One thing I didn't like: the floral wall paper. Yuck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located between Nob Hill and Union Square, Petite Auberge is the perfect small hotel for a trip to San Francisco. The Petite Auberge welcomes you to a world of French provincial enchantment. French doors with beveled glass, a collection of French art, a cozy parlor with a crackling fire and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres. Most guestrooms offer fireplaces. We offer a generous breakfast buffet each morning and an evening wine reception. Fresh baked cookies are available each afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Petite Auberge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petite Auberge Hotel San Francisco
- Petite Auberge San Francisco