“A true San Francisco treat” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% Off Fall Rates!
Ranked #36 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Hyannis, Nebraska
“A true San Francisco treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

This place was great. Very beautiful and comfortable. A hybrid bed and breakfast. Had wine reception on evening, free. Great wine and snacks. Breakfast Buffett was outstanding. Great selection of homemade hot and cold items. Complimentary coffee, tea, water, and soda available anytime. We stayed in the room with a fireplace. After going to a very cold baseball game it was a nice feature. Romantic too. The staff was impeccable. Very nice and helpful , couldn't possiblly hire better people. All this for only $230. Just try getting a better deal in SF, not going to happen. If the price had been $350, my review would be the same. Love, love, love this place. When we return to SF you can bet we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

From the complimentary breakfast (which included some hot food), to the free water and soft drinks fridge and happy hour with free drinks and nibbles where you can meet other guests this hotel was a perfect choice for us.
The staff were helpful and friendly, the room clean and although not my taste was well equipped and comfortable.
Car hire and laundry just a block down Bush street and walking distance from Union square and the trolley line.
Will definitely recommend this hotel to others, congratulations to management and staff for making our stay in San Francisco that bit more special.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Mum and I stayed here for 5 nights recently. I changed my vacation dates to specifically stay at this hotel again as the original dates I had planned were all booked up! And... no wonder! It is in such a great location...I think. A wee bit more run down than the last time I visited but within easy walk to Powell and Bush and then a quick downhill dash to Union Square! Our favorite staff , luckily, were still here too. Andy, who is ever-charming and full of good friendly advice and is always pleasant. He never makes you feel rushed. Takes his time to explain all the happenings you may be interested in in the San Fran area! Great guy! Petite Auberge is very lucky to have him. Pina the housekeeper was also still there. Very energetic and extremely sweet with a good sense of humour! And we met someone new who was fantastic too on this trip, Joe, the morning room chef. He made exquisite breakfast meals for all the guests and greeted everyone as if we were all long lost friends. Super nice guy! Now on to the rooms....We always ask for the top floor. I just hate people walking overtop of me...especially in an old building...things creak a bit. We had room 53. It's a double bed with a fireplace. View of a small courtyard with a huge palm tree and a bit of a view of some buildings in the distance. It's supposed to be sort of French Provincial decor so it is quite different from my taste at home but I really like it all when I am in San Fran. The fireplace is essential as far as I am concerned. Way too cold at night in the city. We were there first week of July 2012. Make sure you ask for a room with a fireplace. It makes it so quaint and warm at night. They serve appies and wine at 5:OO pm to 6:30 pm downstairs in the lounging area. You can meet other guests if you want to or just find a little place to sit and have a chat amongst yourselves. We always find it pretty friendly there and usually the guests are nice too. We exchange a bit of tourist info..and see what everyone is planning for the next day etc...it sort of feels like a B&B although it is not of course. There isn't anyone at the front desk if you have any issues however. You have to dial the hotel next door, the White Swan , and they will help you from there. So if you are needy and need someone always there at your beck and call this is not the place for you I always feel like it is my little apt. in downtown San Fran and that the other guests are tenants like I am. Short term tenants. It's quite freeing actually. Not the cold feel from a high tech wifi type of modern hotel. Nice and warm and homey.

We had one minor incident on this trip that did mar things for me however. One woman at the front desk who was there doing paperwork briefly one morning. I made an inquiry about some service that they had mentioned was available on their web site and hadn't seen hide nor hair of it during the 4 days I'd already been there and she was very curt with me, basically insinuated that I was lying and that the service WAS there just that I hadn't seen it (oh really?) so I was quite upset by her behaviour and method of handling my inquiry...and have mentioned this to the hotel already once home....I haven't heard back from them about it and I was quite upset with her ...how SHE made me feel and made no effort to rectify it, even though it was such a minor thing (they mention free cookies available in the jar by the front desk daily and I saw the jar when we first checked in and after that it was never there again!) such a minor thing could have been made "good" but instead she made me feel like I was probably going to eat all their cookies anyway (I'm a marathon runner btw and wouldn't have minded a few over the 5 days but I wasn't going to eat all their cookies that's for sure!!!!) Anyway despite her, we love San Francisco and Andy, Joe and Pina are such nice folks who took good care of us so I reccommend you stay at the Petite Auberge, definitely.

Room Tip: Top floor...try not to be next to the elevator....Room 53 was ok but room 51 was a better layout...I...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

European classic decoration. Unlike hotel standard room, it is home style room with old fashion furniture and fire place. The breakfast cooked delicious. It is good price with convenient location (walking distance to cable line, uniton square..), comfortable room and nice breakfast. The staffs are also helpful althought sometimes need to go to next door (white swan hotel, same group) to get answer. It is not a big issue comparing with what we had from Petite Auberge. San Francisco sity is not big, so we go to lot spot on foot from the hotel. Highly recommend!

Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The alarm clock went off at midnight before a busy business day. It woke me up out of a dead sleep, and I tried to figure out how to shut it off. I finally unplugged it and complained to the night clerk, but heard nothing back from management. Also, noisy street noise with open windows.

Breakfasts were very good, the staff very friendly, and great wine/cheese every afternoon. So, on balance, I found it to be average.

Room Tip: Double check to be sure the alarm clock is not set to go off in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

San Francisco can be expensive, so finding a nice place to stay at a good location can be difficult. Petite Auberge on Nob Hill was a great place. Near the Powell-Mason cable line, so we used it each day of our 3 night stay. Free breakfast at 7:00 was good and fireplace in room was nice. Highly recommend.

Stillwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We recently stayed at this property and were very pleased with the accommodations. The food was very good- at breakfast and for the wine reception. Freshly baked cookies, soda, and water were available during the day. The staff was outstanding. We found them very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Petite Auberge? Share your experiences!