“Great deal great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Marina Inn
3110 Octavia Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Marina)   |
Ranked #149 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Singapore, Singapore
“Great deal great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and absolutely love it! It may be worn down but then again, you just need a bed to sleep in and a nice bathroom cause you'll be spending the whole day sightseeing anyways. My gf and I were really pleased. The staff were friendly too! Easy excess to anywhere. Overall good stay! I recommend this hotel if you;re not picky!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

After spending hour searching for a San francisco hotel during conference week, we were convinced that the cheapest place we could stay would be around $200 in Union Square!

Luckily, a lovely lady that we met at phoenix airport told us about the Marina Inn, At approx $60 a night just off Lombard street, this was one of the best hotels we stayed in on our week long road trip along Route 1.

It was out of the touristy area which we hated and about a 15 walk from to the water and bike shop. The staff were lovely and the rooms were gorgeous vintage. It's no Ritz or Hilton but in my eyes it was better...clean, comfortable and quaint and in an awesome area!

TIP: Head to Chesnut street, amazing resturants and the best cake shop, Susie's.
TIP: Want to go out on the bikes, try Dylan's on Columbus ave which isn't far from the hotel, great rates and good bikes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

great location near fun fashionable safe marina district and cow hollow. Decent breakfast w eggs, yogurt, fruit. my room was cheery and sunny w/operable windows and not too bad on noise. The location is fantastixc. Good bed...disadvantages, smells strongly of disenfectant, fridge froze my food, nowhere to hang clothes at all an di stayed a week! ..BUT GREAT PRICE

Room Tip: ask for room on the alley, not on Lombard st!!!...carry earplugs will help for sleep
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Verona, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Marina Inn for four nights. It is kind of worn down: it has seen better times for sure but the location is great. There are buses very close that go where ever you need in the city.
I wouldn't say that it's "cheap" because I spent 90$ per night and that's not cheap in my opinion, especially for that low quality but it was the cheaper I found. There are some other motel on Lombard that are quite better but more priced.
They should invest in some renovation, that's for sure.
THe room and the bathroom were clean enough.
The worst thing is the so called "breakfast": a real joke!!! Bad coffe, milk that seemed watery, low qualit bread for toast, low quality, jam and butter.
Never seen such a bad breakfast even in the third world countries!!!
The problem is that there isn't a refrigerator in the room so you can't even buy some good food for breakfast.
I arrived in the evening and the girl at the reception was very nice and helpful and didn't make any problem for the fact that I don't have a credit card (I paid cash). The day after i went at the reception to say that i wanted to extend my staying and there was another girl that gave me a very weir look when I told her I didn't have a credit card. I told her that the night before her colleague didn't have problem but she kept on treating me like I was an alien:yes the European alien without c.c.!!! In the next days she always looked at me in a suspicious way although I paid in advance and, of course, she had all my passport details: maybe she was afraid I could steal some piece of their old and broken furniture.
Anyway beside that it was a decent stay. Next time I'll visit San Fran I hope to have the chance to get something a little better, but if you are on a budget the Marina Inn could be a solution.
If you walk down on Chestnut Street you will find some very nice café, restaurants, shops and a movie theatre.
Anyway the area is very nice and close to Fort Mason and the Presidio if you want to go for a walk or a run in the park.
Ask for a room on the rear otherwise the traffic on Lombard could be very annoying.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean old building, well located , one block from public transportation, but dont rely on the internet on 3rd or 4 th floor.you have to go downstairs to connect. Breakfast is poor and basic. Nice staff,clean bath rooms. Very good price/satisfaction balance.
200 characters is too much!!!!!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and the staff is friendly. The decor needs a little help. There were several holes in the wall in our room and our view was a filthy rooftop. Lots of noisy pigeons outside our room and the walls are very thin. We could here our neighbor talk for several hours on the phone. I'm not saying that I would not stay here again though. The price was good for the location.

Room Tip: good price for a good location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The room was quite worn down and the furniture was really old and entering the room felt like travelling back in time to the early eighties. The cleaning wasn't good at all and we even found clothing from a former guest in our room. The breakfast was a joke with toast as only food. Staff was friendly and helpful. Got the TV to work after help from the staff but it stopped working again and I never bothered to try and fix it again. Also ants invaded our room. Even though all this occurred the place was quite cozy in a weird way and the neighbourhood is calm and nice.

Been to Marina Inn? Share your experiences!