We stayed in a King Deluxe room in January, after purchasing a LivingSocial voucher. We weren't treated any differently for having the voucher, which I appreciated. In fact, because I joined the Joie de Vivre club before we arrived, we got given a free (small) bottle of wine and a bag of gourmet popcorn upon check-in!
The room was gorgeous, and the bed was amazingly comfortable. Wi-fi worked fine, TV worked fine, hot water was plentiful and long-lasting. There were one or two minor issues:
- There were no wine glasses in our room. We just used the bathroom water glasses, though, because we're classy like that.
- Despite the room being for two people, there was only one bathroom, and this was thrust at us shortly after arrival by a hurried housekeeper. However, we asked for another one later and they sent it up promptly.
- The lamp on my husband's side of the bed didn't work.
- The balcony was shared with the room next door, which I didn't like the idea of. We never saw or heard our neighbours, but it would have been uncomfortable if they decided to enjoy the balcony at the same time as us. The view from the balcony, however, was stunning!
We would definitely stay here again - the proximity to Japantown is excellent, and the comfiness of the bed and deep bath both made for a relaxing evening. We didn't go to the Izakaya restaurant or the Kabuki Springs, so I can't comment on those.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a unique blend of Eastern and Western influences, Hotel Kabuki offers sleek and serene accommodations in the heart of Japantown. Unwind in style. Our rooms offer a refined and serene ambiance and an aesthetic that marries Eastern and Western sensibilities. Some feature luxurious amenities like Japanese-style soaking tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kabuki Hotel San Francisco
- Miyako Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Kabuki San Francisco