My niece once lived in the North Beach community so she heartily recommended this inn for our first visit to San Francisco. It is also given a page in Karen Brown's California Guide Book so we looked no further.The location and charm were as perfect as both had described! We arrived very early, left our bags in the lobby, and set out for the day arriving back around 7pm very tired. The wine and cheese was about to be cleared away and I could sense our arrival caused a short delay with that task...did manage to quickly partake, however! Room 10 was vey nice and extremely quiet all night long...very comfy bed and linens! The view of facing an inner light well as stated online is accurate. The next morning an attractive and very yummy breakfast basket was delivered to our room with all the selections we had made the night before.Then we set out for a day tour of the city, Muir Woods, Sausalito with Dylan's Tour (see review). Because we were changing rooms our second night (which I knew we would have to do when I booked), we had to ring (once again) to be let in the front door and then were asked if we had forgotten our key! I would like to suggest that the inn have some keys made that they can give to guests to enter the front door but do not function as a room key. This would certainly help those that arrive before check-in and come back later in the day for their key or for those changing rooms and therefor can not be given a key while it is still occupied by someone else. That evening we had time to really enjoy the wine, cheese, and other delicious goodies while chatting with guests by the fire. Room 11 was also very nice and it had a large bay window/cushioned seats overlooking Filbert Street. The shower was a tiny stall so this might deter some folks but we were fine with it. The street noise started very EARLY (street cleaner, recycle truck, trash truck, bakery deliveries) so be aware that can happen if you hit the "right" day :) Our stay at the Washington Square Inn was great and we would be happy to recommend this special place to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco