this was my 3rd recent trip to SF. usually stay in Union Square. wanted to try a new location. This was definitely the right place. situated in the North Beach area of the city the neighborhood has so much going on all the time. great italian restaurants all moderately priced. convenient to buses and walkable to many of the city sights. My sister and I stayed in room one on the first floor. perfect for the morning cup of coffee (which was delicious) as well as the happy hour. we met many nice guests also staying there. the room itself was "over decorated" in the bed linen department. and really could use a vanity to put the necc. items on. it also had a bit of a lack of air. but certainly was large enough. the breakfast was ample during the week but over the weekend (when you might expect a bit more) as most serve brunch there was an absence of hot food. the workers who ran the hotel seem to need a bit more training in dealing with guests needs. they speak "minimal" english and pretty much were unable to give good or any directions to public transport etc.When we arrived (too early to check in) we were greeted with a less than exciting welcome. I would also recommend the hotel update some of the books, magazines menus etc. it was a bit outdated. William the weekend happy hour host was very friendly and helpful and made up for some of the lesser folks we dealt with during the week. I would most likely stay here again, and would hope that the owner would improve on some of the issues I mentioned.It is not inexpensive to stay here, and some of the I's need to be dotted and T's needed to be crossed.... but we had a great trip and thats all that counts in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco