My husband & I have grown fond of bed & breakfasts in our travels, and we weren't disappointed with our stay at the Washington Square Inn. Here are a few perks: an ideal location for walking to the Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Coit Tower, Telegraph Hill, City Lights Bookstore and other points of interest (we walked 40 miles over five days--verified by a pedometer); numerous Italian restaurants for every budget; views of Washington Square where we enjoyed watching the Chinese ladies do their tai chi exercises while we ate breakfast; and I must stress, a SAFE neighborhood environment. When I made our reservations there was only one room left for our window of opportunity---room 14 on the second floor. It was slightly inconvenient that the private bath was across the hall, but this is an old restored structure and you just have to understand that. I was never bothered by noise. In fact, I thought the structure was well insulated because when we went outside our room, sometimes there was loud music playing in the room across the hall but we NEVER heard it or any other hall traffic in our room. And yes, the room was small, but we were only there to sleep because really, who comes to San Francisco for a vacation to sit in their room??? My husband & I visited almost all the little neighborhoods of SF and we both agreed that we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The proprietors Maria & Daniel and staff were also very pleasant and helpful. Don't be put off by the negative review, this is a wonderful place to stay IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE GETTING. It is NOT a new, plush hotel. But some of us enjoy the feel & history of a beautiful, old building. In a heartbeat, we would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and Hotwire so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.