We wanted to stay in the North Beach area. Everyone said stay here. It was definitely a convenient location for this area, but we would never stay here again. The staff was nice. The rooms were clean, but dark and to be honest a bit stale in decor. If you stay here make sure you don't get rooms on the first level, try to get rooms upstairs. Our first room was smaller than a postage stamp (not kidding - we were SO bummed), I believe that was room 6. And, when you are spending that much money, you want a bit more. They were nice enough to move us to room 4, which was a pinch larger. We were so unhappy that night. Thank goodness there was another room available for the next night across the hall, which was a larger (room 2). This really is a B & B and not a hotel, which we did not realize, even though it says Inn in their name, how silly of us! If someone comes home late at night they must ring the bell to get in. I heard the bell every time somebody came home, because our room was located on the first level right above the main room. This main room is where you register, eat breakfast (which was very nice by the way) and hang if you don't want to sit in your room. The main room is the only communal area of the hotel. If the sofa is occupied, there is the dining room table you could sit at which would be somewhat awkward or there is a small set-up near the sofa with two nice chairs and table. My husband slept through the night time bell when it rang, lucky him! I am a light sleeper, so I heard everything going on in the main room. They have a nice spread of wine and cheese in the afternoon. There is one dining room table, so if you are shy, you do share the breakfast table with other guests, which we did not mind. You could have breakfast in your room. They leave a breakfast card in your room every night for you to fill in for what you want for breakfast the next day. You must choose a time as to when you want to eat. It was nice when we sat down at the table, our breakfast was ready and brought to us at that time. We would not stay here again. Feel badly writing this but wish we had known all of this when we booked the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco