“I won't stay anywhere else!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parker Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Parker Guest House
You added Parker Guest House to your Saves list
520 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94114 (Castro)   |
Ranked #1 of 69 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“I won't stay anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

My husband & I arrived late on a Friday night, and our son was coming over to visit for a short while. We were greeted as we got out of the cab by Scott, who helped us to our room. Our son arrived shortly after and we wanted to visit in the living room. Scott brought us wine and munchies,and lit the fire to make us feel at home. The house is beautiful, and the staff were so kind and helpful. Our room was impeccably clean. Our time spent (4 nights & 3 days) at the Parker House was memorable. I can't imagine staying anywhere else the next time we visit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Whether you're visiting the Castro or live in SF, Parker Guest House is a place for all to visit. While the common areas maintain their antique look, many of the rooms are modernized with amazing amenities. For those traveling to the Castro, this B&B is located just a few blocks away from all the action, while also close to Dolores Park, and MUNI so you can navigate the city. If you life in SF, I would recommend you take your loved one and treat youself to a night here and be pampered. I'm always sad to leave Parker Guest House, but always look forward to coming back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Was a very nice experience for us. Everyone was very nice, Scott in paticular was very helpful. Room was very nice will have to get the upgrade next time :) Favorite part of the guest house was the main living space as you first walk in loved it. We live in an old craftsman home so just loved all the detail was just amazing. Garden area was very nicealso very relaxing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

If stairs are a problem, this place is not for you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dana Point, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I booked our stay over the phone after I found Parker House on the web. The pictures on the web arevery representative of the hotel so I got even more than I expected. From the moment we rang the bell the staff was simply marvelous. Every detail is carefully thought out and presented. (thank you Scott for calling for then waiting with my daugter and myself for all those cabs we took!)

The House is a home away from home. It seemed we were staying with old friends in their beautiful old home. When we came in late in the evening, the kitchen light was on (just like our house) so one night we raided the fridge for a glass of milk to wash down our cookies! The living room had a welcoming fireplace and a lovely piano to play while we waited for our kids to come over. The garden was so lovely, our son's girlfriend wants to be married in it. (hmm?) We met interesting people in the Sunroom for brekkie each day and so felt very welcome in our hotel. We would recommend this hotel for anyone, straight or gay, family with children, young or old.

Dolores Park is on the corner, lots of yummie places to eat within a four block walk, lots of cabs go by, easy public transport too. The"happy hour in the garden" was a godsend for our busy schedule. Everyone would meet at our hotel - much much nicer than the usual hi-rise tourist hotel in SF.

We were in town for our daughter's Master's Degree Grad from CCAC - so the location was easy for everyone in the City. She lives in Noe Vally and there are just so few hotels nearby. But it only takes one and this one was perfect. We all want to come again- and you can be sure we will. Cheers, Toni B.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

The staff is always welcoming, the accommodations are clean and inviting, and the location is great. What else can I say?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Having lived in SF for over 20 years, I was very eager to have the chance finally to stay at the Parker Guest House. I was extremely lucky to get a two night reservation the day before my stay while I was packing up to relocate.

There is much to like about the Parker House for sure, and I really wanted to like it more than I did in the end. First of all, the buildings are super clean, well appointed, and very comfortable without being over the top at all. The common areas are elegant and inviting.

The greatest appeal to the property, in my mind, is the grounds. Whether it is the sitting area between the two buildings or the gorgeous garden in back, Parker House provides ample and very pleasing outdoor space to unwind.

Check in was very efficient and the receptionist was extremely friendly and enthusiastic. I had a standard queen, which was a very small room with a bathroom that was surprisingly disproportionately large compared to the rest of the room. The bed was very comfortable, and I appreciated the fresh water and chocolates. WiFi was very easy to use.

Now for the not-so-good. I don't know if it was the floor above me or the wall behind me, but there was squeeking going on around the clock. And the fellow above me was stomping around at all hours. However much I appreciated the wonderfully fresh and delicious fruit salad in the morning, the rest of the breakfast was pretty much from the box -- cereals and danishes bought in bulk, it appeared. Nothing made special for the day. The breakfast area is beautifully well lit and furnished, though it gets cramped when fully in use. And on neither of the mornings that I was there did the morning staff greet me or others or say hello. Similarly, check out was very perfunctory and not especially friendly.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but for $190 a night I thought a bit more quiet, a slightly larger room, more of an offering at breakfast, and more outgoing service was called for -- at least that is what I have experienced at similarly priced B&Bs around the country.

Still, I would recommend it for the location, grounds, and very appealing and comfortable rooms -- especially for people visiting SF for the first time

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Parker Guest House? Share your experiences!