“The Parker is like my dentist office; Clean and Efficient but without the warmth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parker Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Parker Guest House
You added Parker Guest House to your Saves list
520 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94114 (Castro)   |
Ranked #1 of 69 San Francisco B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Everything that is written about the Parker is true. The place is amazing, from the breakfast in the working to the wallpaper. It is so clean and everything is it its "place". For example, I noticed a petal from a flower on the entry bookcase, within 10 mins, it was cleaned up. However this "sterile-ness" also seems to apply to the staff. I recently return there after a 5 night stay and I can't recall any of the staff members names. Don't get me wrong I saw them, but no one seemed to take an interest in me - no, "Hello" or "Goodbye" - just "Yes and No". They were like busy bees; cleaning, washing, serving wine or better yet, robots - getting the job done with the utmost of efficiency. Nothing wrong with speed but when I stay at a B&B I would like to feel some warmth. So yes, the Parker is wonderful however after my stay I have come to think of like my local dentist office; clean, efficient and proper - well, maybe that's is wrong. At least my dentist knows my name.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at the Parker Guest House on a business trip, wanting to avoid the usual business hotels downtown. And I wanted to live somewhere between Mission and Castro, as this was my old stomping ground when I lived in SF. And what a find: Parker House is fantastic; its very comfortable, set up with great care and a personal touch, and everybody is helpful, friendly and welcoming. The location couldn't be better: off Mission Dolores Park, so right between the Mission district and the Castro. Whether you are sightseeing or doing business in the financial district, almost everything is not more than a BART stop or two away.

On some websites, Parker advertises itself as a "gay hotel". As a straight man - traveling alone at that - this had the potential for some confusion. I didn't have to worry: everything was very relaxed, and I felt welcome and comfortable the entire time.

Bottom line: this is a fabulous place, and from now on my new go-to place when I have to go to SF. I will definitely be back !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Spent New Years at the Parker. Amazing trip as usual. The facilities were wonderful and my bathroom was spotless (a pet peeve with me). We had a great time with all of the guests at the wine social (happy hour!) in the parlor and sunroom. It was standing room only one night! The breakfast each morning is fresh with fruit, pastries, bagels, waffles, yogurt, and cereal. The wine social is a nice informal affair in the parlor with a beautiful fire in the fireplace. They provide brandy and wine for the guests. Very nice touch.

The staff is beyond wonderful and always remember me by name when they see me. This is true for the owners Bill and Bob as well. Fantastic hosts. Everyone is super friendly and eager to please the guests.

Location can't be beat. Right on the edge of Castro in a nice quiet neighborhood. On Church street between 17th and 18th with a MUNI stop right outside the hotel. Excellent restaurants all around and numerous watering holes (bars) down Church or 18th.

The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The evening steam room is a nice way to unwind. I have NOTHING negative to say about this place and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone coming to San Francisco. For the past 10-years it is the only place I will stay in San Francisco and I say that even though I could use points and stay at a couple of high-end hotels downtown. I would rather pay at the Parker.

Room Tip: If you want to take a daytime nap you might want to ask for a room in the new building. The main bu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
fuckdick, spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Got a free upgrade, one of the owners was especially nice and welcoming. Rooms were very nice and my gf loved them. If your gf likes "cute" stuff, choose this place over a hotel. I guess reviews have to be 200 characters asoeifnapwjnr-2- w9ief-oqiwjef -qowijer- qw9ur-q9 wiejf-q wenfojane f-aoef -aosjenfpa jsnfa suehf

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have sadly come to the end of our sixth stay at Parker and have yet again been overwhelmed by the wonderful experience of a stay at the Parker Guest House. The staff are wonderful (although I shouldn't single anyone out, Scot is particularly amazing) and nothing is ever too much trouble; they really make you feel so welcome and part of the family. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed and provide everything you should need. There are always a great group of guests staying and this really helps to make the experience so fantastic with the wine socials and breakfasts being great social experiences.
All in all an absolute must when visiting San Francisco so don't bother to look elsewhere!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Elegant, comfortable, beautifully and simply appointed with care in every detail. The staff treat you like family. Wonderful location. A quality experience. This is a five star B&B in every way except the price.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have a lovely view of the garden
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

As always the my last visit to the Parker House was wonderful. The staff greets you so warmly, provides great advice for restaurants and things to do in the neighborhood. I love the rooms, they are so comfortable; and I slept like a baby. Great location too. I am already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Parker Guest House? Share your experiences!