“Great ambiance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parker Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Parker Guest House
You added Parker Guest House to your Saves list
520 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94114 (The Castro)   |
Ranked #1 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque
“Great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed for tow nights and loved the place. The amenities were great, the staff was extremely kind, and the ambiance was superb. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The front rooms have considerable street noise. Ask for one further back.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I were only in San Francisco for 1 night, at the end of a road-trip up from L.A. - The Parker Guest House really is superb. Gorgeous, clean, friendly and brilliantly run. They made us feel welcome and helped with all the questions we had about which buses and trains to catch to various places; plus recommendations for nearby bars and shops. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in San Francisco! - It was just a shame we only had one night here. Thank you so much to Scott and the rest of the team.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

One of the best places we have ever stayed. Friendly, helpful staff, gorgeous rooms, comfortable bed,Beautiful grounds .Great location. Convenient breakfast options. We will definitely return.
A shout out to Scott and staff.
Nancy J.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lemont, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

What a beautiful grounds, simply satisfying rooms, wonderful garden room with an absolutely perfect morning breakfast. The steam room was so relaxing.

Scott checked us in. He was very helpful and completely charming.

We need to return and stay a couple of nights and experience the accommodations and neighborhood greater.

Don & Rob

• Stayed May 2012
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is my first bed and breakfast experience, and it was wonderful. When we arrived and rang the doorbell we were welcomed by Scott, who is very friendly and cheerful. Our entire stay he provided us with the best hospitality. We planned to arrive early, before our room was ready, and he happily checked us in and held our bags till our room was ready. Immediately he took us around the property and made us feel at home. He showed us how best to take public transportation to the Giant's game we were headed to. Scott is definitely one of our favorite things about the Parker Guest House.

The property itself is extremely clean and well cared for. The parlor has a nice sofa and fireplace. The breakfast nook is sunny. The outdoor seating is surrounded by booming flowers and plants. Our room was cozy and welcoming; the only downside is not having your own thermostat, but SF rarely gets too hot. Once again I was impressed by the cleanliness when I peeked into our bathroom.

In the morning they host a nice breakfast. The fruit was an assortment of blueberries, strawberries, and melons. They had yogurt, granola, cereal, orange juice, milk, coffee, muffins (Costco I believe), toast, english muffins, and bagels. We sat outside and enjoyed our breakfast before walking around the neighborhood in search of a latte.

I would recommend the Parker Guest House to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Castro area of SF.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed with my husband in this beautiful place for 4 days. I had a great room with a very comfortable bed. People were really nice and the hotel us close to everything. The best B&B in the world!

A tutti gli italiani consiglio questo posticino stupendo a un prezzo non eccessivo dove ti senti a casa

• Stayed May 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've never felt more rejuvenated in my life. For years I've wanted to stay at a bed & breakfast in the city of SF, rather than a large hotel. I finally gave myself that gift last weekend while staying at the Parker Guest House. It was great. The staff makes you feel like family and the place itself is so charming. It's a great place to come as a family or a couple. I always wanted to come as a couple, but unfortunately, I was here just as a single man. Still, I met some very nice people and eventually, after taking a walk one day, I met someone. We spent the entire day together and had the most romantic, adventurous SF weekend ever. It was so amazing. I feel like the place you stay has a lot to do with the mood you're in and I don't think I would've had this experience with this other person if it weren't for staying at the Parker House.

It really was a one of a kind trip and I'd recommend everyone staying there sometime. Plenty to walk to, easy access to the trains. I had NO idea how to use any of the trains but the staff literally spelled it out for me on sheet of paper and sent me on my way. Thanks guys, I had a great time!

I'll be back.

Room Tip: I went with the cheaper ones that have to share a bathroom. It's a fun community that stays the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Parker Guest House? Share your experiences!