“Very nice stay @ INN On Castro” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on Castro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn on Castro
You added Inn on Castro to your Saves list
321 Castro Street, San Francisco, CA 94114 (The Castro)   |
Ranked #2 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toulouse, France
“Very nice stay @ INN On Castro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very good stay at the hotel. Jan and the staff are lovely. Breakfasts are delicious, organics, healthy with delicious cupcakes !
The place is very well located with bus, tram and metro closed.
I stayed for 11 days and I enjoyed a lot Inn On Castro and I would recommend without moderation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We booked well in advance as is necessary with this fantastic B n B. I have stayed here now 3 times and each have been wonderful. While just one block away from the Castro district, the Inn is quiet day and night. The hospitaility is fanstastic as are the breakfasts. While the rates have gone up since I first stayed, which was 5 years ago, I still find the Inn reasonably priced and a good find for anyone who can plan a few months ahead.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
North East Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My partner and I stayed in the Hideaway Room for four nights - it was our first time in San Francisco. Melanie and Jan made us feel very welcome and were great with informing us about the area etc. The room was quaint - very quiet with a well stocked fridge and fresh fruit. I think the bed could be replaced as I think it had seen a few years - it was pretty hard and sunk in the middle, but that was the only negative experience of our stay.

Jan cooks THE MOST beautiful breakfast of a morning - it is SO yummy and fresh! He obviously takes great pride in his business.

The location is just fantastic, with great restaurants, transportation and laundromats very close by.

I don't know when I will be back in San Fran again, but I would certainly stay back at the Inn on Castro.

Room Tip: The Hideaway Room has its own bathroom and is really quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The Yellow room in which I stayed had its own private bathroom complete with shower. Jan pronounced (yawn) was the most invitingly friendly host. He cooked breakfast each morning personally and has a talent for making wonderful delights.

The location is up a slight hill half a block north of market street but that's a small price to pay for quiet, clean, safe, private accommodations. I would gladly stay at here whenever I can during future trips to SF. What a delight.

Room Tip: The yellow room is the intermediate value room for this property. It is more than most travelers wi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn on Castro. Comfortable room, great location for what we wanted to do, excellent host, and fantabulous breakfast. There are also a lot of great restaurants nearby. The only negatives I will mention is that parking is tough and on Friday night the entire city of San Francisco was on the street below our window. Can you say NOISY?? They have free earplugs but sadly, we didn't see them until the next day. All in all it was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Sharing a bathroom is not my thing. The White Room has a private bath.
Utrecht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

It was our second time in SF, and our first at the Inn on Castro. What a treat! Perfect location, nice room, super breakfast, fresh tulips (even in our bathroom) and a good conversation, with Jan and many of the other guests. Never imposing though, it was all so pleasant and relaxt. This is a place we will definitely come back to.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My partner and I returned for our 1-year anniversary, after meeting in the Castro (I was staying at the Inn on Castro). So we returned for our anniversary and the place remains as fantastic a place as the first time. Jan is a wonderful host and is very insightful - stay here and you'll find out why. Jan likes to mingle with the guests and ensure that they have a pleasant stay. At breakfast, I found the food to be tasty and cooked fresh, to order. I highly recommend the French Toast! It's also an ideal time to meet other guests in an open and relaxed atmosphere. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on Castro? Share your experiences!