We'd had drinks with friends before in this joint's exquisite bar, but had never stayed here until this past Sunday night. Following a destination wedding weekend that had us in the beautiful wine-and-redwoods milieu of Mendocino County, the quirkily luxurious Clift was exactly the counterpoint we needed. Everyone, and I do mean everyone we encountered on staff seemed utterly delighted that we'd chosen to stay here. Checkin was effortless. Our corner room with city views in two directions could not have been better. We loved the minimalist-yet-luxe decor, the subtle colors, the whimsy. The bed was heavenly. The water pressure in the shower, even more heavenly. Put all this in a location only steps from the pleasures of Union Square and Nob Hill, and you have a place that beckons return. Oh, and the complimentary morning coffee equals bliss in a paper cup!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An inspired fusion of old-world hotel elegance with distinctly contemporary energy and glamour, the nearly century-old CLIFT’s modern and daring sense of diversity perfectly captures the city’s spirit. Steps from Union Square shopping and the legendary Nob Hill, CLIFT is perfectly located for sightseeing, shopping and socializing. Designed by Philippe Starck, the soaring lobby contains one of the most eclectic furniture collections in all of California ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Clift San Francisco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clift San Francisco
- Clift Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Clift Hotel