- Gorgeous lobby area and common parts although, yes, it is a bit too gratuitously dark (has been pointed out in many other reviews). This is a hotel not a nightclub.
- Great bar.
- Concierge was great, particularly good. Unfortunately I had to queue every time, which is not really acceptable. Same for reception. They should have more staff.
- Too limited late night room service menu.
- Rooms are no good. I mean, they are good rooms, just not as good as you'd expect in this type of hotel. In more detail:
1) They are dated. The trouble with design hotels is they age very badly, and this one is in need of a refurb. Everything from the furniture to the walls is a bit worn.
2) The bathrooms are terrible. The plumbing is bad (both shower and flush were ever so slightly leaking), the bathroom itself is tiny, and the decor is dated and ugly. My wife commented she has a better plumbing in a casa particular in Cuba once.
3) The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything next door - in our case, a screaming baby one night, a guy on the phone with his mate another evening.
4) No coffee making facilities in room, no kettle, nothing. I kinda like to have that.
5) There was a section of the room, behind a corner, with a window, no furniture, no purpose, just a waste of otherwise quite nice space. Silly.
- Also Known As:
- Clift San Francisco
- Clift Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Clift Hotel
- Clift Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An inspired fusion of old-world hotel elegance with distinctly contemporary energy and glamour, the nearly century-old CLIFT’s modern and daring sense of diversity perfectly captures the city’s spirit. Steps from Union Square shopping and the legendary Nob Hill, CLIFT is perfectly located for sightseeing, shopping and socializing. Designed by Philippe Starck, the soaring lobby contains one of the most eclectic furniture collections in all of California ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Clift San Francisco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.