We booked this hotel via Expedia on a deal and stayed 4 nights in a Junior Loft Suite costing an average of £157 per night including taxes. The room was large (525 square feet), well appointed in a minimalist style with soft pastel colours and plenty of natural light. The bathroom was, however, disproportionately small compared to the rest of the room and disappointed. We had a room on the 12th floor (having requested a high floor at booking) and would recommend anyone do the same as there can be considerable noise from the street level.
The public areas of the hotel are deliberately lit low and create a pleasant ambience with an eclectic mix of furniture that grabs guests attention. The Redwood Room is well worth a drink; the panelling, the layout and the atmosphere make for an enjoyable experience although expect to pay $15+ for a glass of "average" quality wine and $10 for a beer.
The front desk staff were polite, helpful and seemed genuine in their willingness to make one's stay stress free.
Overall, a very enjoyable stay and reasonable value when compared to peer group hotels such as The Monaco, The Palace and The Westin St. Francis - all of which we have stayed at previously. Would we go back? If we could secure a similar deal to the one secured for this trip then, yes, absolutely as The Clift has the feel of a stylish and exclusive boutique hotel and is very well appointed for all that San Francisco has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- Clift San Francisco
- Clift Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Clift Hotel
- Clift Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An inspired fusion of old-world hotel elegance with distinctly contemporary energy and glamour, the nearly century-old CLIFT’s modern and daring sense of diversity perfectly captures the city’s spirit. Steps from Union Square shopping and the legendary Nob Hill, CLIFT is perfectly located for sightseeing, shopping and socializing. Designed by Philippe Starck, the soaring lobby contains one of the most eclectic furniture collections in all of California ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Clift San Francisco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.