“Very nice stay, issue at check out kept it from 5” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cartwright Union Square

Save Saved
You added Hotel Cartwright Union Square to your Saves list
Hotel Cartwright Union Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   524 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly Larkspur Hotel Union Square)   |
Ranked #112 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
Santa Barbara
“Very nice stay, issue at check out kept it from 5”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had attempted to stay at this property in April, but had issues receiving confirmation from the property about my best rate guarantee claim. In the end i reached out to the GM and as a goodwill gesture offered to honor the rate for a future stay during a similar peak season. I was able to book November veterans day weekend and had a wonderful stay. The front desk was very helpful in getting me checked in around 9am, which was awesome! The room though small is definitely enough space for 2 people, besides who goes to San Francisco to stay in their room all day?
Cons: The hotel recently changed names/operations to the Cartwright, this was not something I was notified of ahead of time. Not really a big deal other than the fact the property was no longer a part of Stash rewards program, so I lost out on some points there. There was a lot of signage for Larkspur Union square hotel everywhere on site and there were still a lot of picture frames with the stash rewards program benefits listed.
Finally at check in as I reviewed my folio I noticed that there had been a parking charge listed. Perculiar as there was no car on site. I mentioned this to the male at the front desk but he claimed that he had taken it off. Being a math maor I knew the total was still incorrect and I stated this to the gentleman but he continued to argue with me that he had adjusted the amount. I then asked him to take out a calculator which he refused to do so it was not untilI we had another staff member come by and she pointed out to him that he had not made the correction.

Room Tip: Room 501 serviced us very well.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LHUSmanager, General Manager at Hotel Cartwright Union Square, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Umailop,

Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your review. I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad we were able to come to an understanding and honor the “Best Rate” program. Thank you for mentioning the efforts of the front desk to get you into your room early.

I apologize for the inconvenience regarding our name change. We sold on October 31st and had not converted much of the signage. A major portion of that has now been rectified. We are also very close to signing back on with Stash Rewards.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to San Francisco and earning that five. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and website for updates on packages or events.

Steven Viscio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)

Been to Hotel Cartwright Union Square? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Cartwright Union Square

Address: 524 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Formerly Larkspur Hotel Union Square)
Location: United States > California > San Francisco
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #112 of 237 Hotels in San Francisco
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Cartwright Union Square 3*
What Will You Do Today In San Francisco? The possibilities are endless. Dine at the city’s most celebrated restaurants and sample the latest food innovations for which the city has become famous. Explore the city’s countless tourist attractions such as the spectacular Golden Gate Bridge, and take a ride through the city’s notorious yet energizing fog, setting your eyes on the wondrous parks and landmarks along the way. Browse the nearby boutiques and department stores in and around the bustling Union Square area. And enjoy all of this while staying at the Cartwright Hotel Union Square. Located just one block from Union Square, the epicenter of the city’s best shopping, dining and entertainment venues, the hotel is also just minutes from the Financial District and Moscone Center. Apart from its excellent location and quintessential San Francisco charm, the Cartwright Hotel Union Square offers thoughtful amenities and premium guest services, making it the perfect choice for business and leisure travelers looking for comfort and convenience in the thick of all that San Francisco has to offer. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Cartwright Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Larkspur Union Square
Larkspur San Francisco
Cartwright Hotel San Francisco

If you own or manage Hotel Cartwright Union Square, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.