“Great location / be prepared for noise though” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Zetta San Francisco

You added Hotel Zetta San Francisco to your Saves list
Hotel Zetta San Francisco
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Formerly Hotel Milano) (SoMa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Limited Time, 20% Off
Ranked #24 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Great location / be prepared for noise though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location - you can really walk to a lot of things in San Francisco.

I read somewhere that this hotel is great for celebrity spotting. I don't care for such things and was glad that we didn't have to deal with a big fan crowd of somebody... The bar (and check in area) was very busy and crowed when we arrived. Valet service charges $50 - for that you would expect that your car would be taken from you without going inside and asking for someone.... So unfortunately not a very good first impression.

The room was modern and nice enough. The view from the room we had was questionable, as it was facing another wing of the hotel maybe all of 12 feet away. One had full frontal view into someone else's room. Tip for all people staying there: if you have a late afternoon round of sexual activities, you might want to close the blinds. Although this is obviously not the fault of the hotel, it didn't make a good second impression either...

The rooms are extremely noisy, you can hear everything from the hallways. As this is not a small hotel, there is a lot of hallway activity. So the closer you are to the elevators, the more hallway activity.

Amenities such as Illy coffee maker and nice bathroom products are nice. WiFi was included.

Overall: acceptable, but if I had a choice, I'd rather stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Monterey CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of this hotel is fantastic. We shopped at Union Square with ease, could come back to drop off packages to our room. The staff was very friendly, especially Anthony the valet greeter. We stayed in a doubled double room, which had plenty of space, and a great bathroom. The playroom was super fun, and we had a blast with friends. I would recommend this Hotel to others, especially the shopper crowd. The design is quite unique, may put some off, but cool vibe.

Room Tip: Corner room on upper level.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Don't generally write reviews but felt strongly enough to do so in this instance because of the heroic efforts of the staff to make up for an overbooking. I arrived to a very busy Saturday evening and was told the hotel was overbooked. With apologies, they shifted me to a hotel nearby. Luggage and booking was all handled by the Zetta staff. The staff were very accommodating and encouraged me to return the next day, assuring me I would enjoy the room and even offering a room upgrade. I did return and am happy I did. Nice hotel, good location, good room service and a very friendly staff. Overall and despite the disappointment of getting "bumped", I was happy with my stay and recommend the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay, however if you asked me on the first night i would have a different answer. During my stay i had the pleasure to meet and interact with multiple hotel employees. At the front desk i was greeted with a very warm welcome by Rosemary. She made me feel right at home and got me checked in and to my room in a hurry. Just what i like on travel days. Later in the week i got to know Caroline, and during our interaction I noticed she cant help but to smile. It must be a theme with the hotel because Rosemary was constant smiles as well. They both greeted me as i would leave and arrive daily during my stay. During my stay i had a very minor mix up with the kitchen, Zoe, the bartender and the in between to the kitchen not only apologized for the mix up but recommended items for me and had them delivered to me quickly, and the food was delicious. I travel very often, several times a month. I haven't had a stay where I felt so welcome in some time. From the front desk staff to the bartender and the manager gone driver, I had good conversation and felt welcome for the duration of my 10 night stay. Rosemary, Caroline, Zoe and Fabian, I thank you and I cant wait to stay at your hotel again.
I liked the room itself, from hardwood floors to outlets on each side of the bed and multiple outlets at the desk. The alarm clock also had two usb slots which made charging my devices convenient. The bed was very comfortable, to the point where i didn't want to get out of bed.
The reason I stated it was a loud room was due to the fact there was a big group that traveled together and they would hang out near the ice machine (located next to my room) other than that i couldn't hear any other guests or the ice machine.
6 stars for the staff 4 for the hotel.

Room Tip: IF you want a view and a quiet nights sleep (when it is raining) do not stay in 521. There is a larg...
Green Features: Hotel Zetta has an awesome green insensitive program, for each day you pass on room service you are credited $10 to your bill. The also have a plan to cut water usage by 10% from the previous year.
baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed 4 nights for a meeting here. I paid close to 400$ per night for what was supposed to be a 4 stars hotel. It is at best 3. The rooms and hotel have modern style...I would describe as tasteless. The room hsve an ugly view with pipes on a roof. Strange lights above the bed. The bed was comfortable and it gat is why the 3 stars. Room service gets to my room by 5 pm. Front staff are trying and they are not helpful. The bathroom was not cleaned well with hair in the sink. And a broken hanger for the hair dryer that was not fixed until my last day,... So overall not impressed. And as I write this review from the hotel, I asked for a 1 hour late check out on Tuesday and the response, we can accommodate you for 15 minutes. So I can check out at 12:15 instead of 12.
Bottom line if you have options you can do much better for much less.

Room Tip: My room was bad. 708.
Green Features: Not applicable. They have minimal towels, one per room. If that is environmently friendly, I did not appreciate that.
Greater Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had a great experience at Hotel Zetta in San Francisco. Great service and staff with added humour. Was there on business two nights but would have liked to stay and enjoy a weekend as well. Sean was extremely generous and helpful especially with dinner reservations before and during our stay. Great Rooms, comfortable bed, and generous sized bathrooms. Location of hotel was good and was always able to get transport with help of door staff. Great Bar area. Will stay again when back in San Francisco.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We actually were at another hotel and shifted to the Zetta - loved it - fresh, modern, friendly staff and the most amazing pillows. The hotel is trendy with quirky art and there are not many hotels that provide coffee in the room in the States - this had a little machine. We had a deluxe room which is bigger than the standard and has an extra chair and a bit more space. Wonderful huge bathroom with the toiletries in full size bottles which is nice. Fresh lemon water in the lobby greets all guests - can thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Take a deluxe or better.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Zetta San Francisco? Share your experiences!