“Wow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Zetta San Francisco

You added Hotel Zetta San Francisco to your Saves list
Hotel Zetta San Francisco
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Formerly Hotel Milano) (SoMa)   |
Special Offer
Save 10% + Free WiFi
Ranked #26 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Canada
“Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is modern with interesting art and decor. The bath and body products - wow. Illy espresso machine In the room. What a great place and location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. The work out room has a variety of equipment and options. It is clean and offers

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear LovetheGiralffe,
I am delighted that you truly enjoyed the hotel, design, location and the passion of the team. I am glad that you had a good workout in our fitness room, we are now also offering a complimentary yoga class on Sunday in our meeting room on the second floor next to the Playroom. This is a great way to relax and rejuvenate after a fun filled week end in San Francisco. We cannot wait to welcome you back so that you can enjoy this new program.
Benjamin Duverge - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My daughter and I spent 3 nights for a long week-end break (28 September - 1 October 2013) at Hotel Zetta which we had chosen on the basis of reviews and its location. It is indeed ideally situated for visiting San Francisco's main sights and shopping. It is also only a very short walk from the Powell Street BART station where we arrived directly from the airport. Although we arrived mid-morning, our room was already available, which we greatly appreciated, having had a very early start from New York. We found the staff at the reception systematically welcoming, courteous and most helpful. They spent time with us explaining in detail how to get to the various places which we wanted to visit by public transport, without pushing us to take taxis or town cars, and recommending places close by for brunch. They and the bell boys were also most helpful in trying to resolve a problem with the town car which they'd ordered for me to go back to the airport at the end of my stay, a problem which was in no way their fault. Our room on the top/8th floor was spacious and clean. We liked the contemporary décor of the room and of the hotel in general. The only criticisms that I have of the room are that there was no dedicated rack or stool on which to place my suitcase and the air conditioning fan was so noisy that we had to switch it off when we went to bed. One of the two guest elevators was out of order on one of the days, but was back in service within the same day. I had dinner at the Cavalier brasserie which is sympathique and lively. The dinner was good and, despite the restaurant and bar being full on the Saturday night, was served quickly. My waiter made friendly -- but not over-friendly -- conversation with me, doubtless because I was dining alone that evening. We also invited friends of ours for drinks at the bar in the main lobby which were served quickly and efficiently. The hotel is not cheap, but then that is the case for all good hotels in the centre of San Francisco. Altogether a most enjoyable stay and I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear CarolA,
I am honored that we were part of your successful week-end break with you daughter, you definitively seem to have had some fun in the city and in the hotel. I will follow up on your comments with my team. I am glad that you enjoyed our new restaurant. The entire team cannot wait to welcome you back!
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Rooms were modern, light and airy, big screen TV, iPod dock etc, clean and comfortable rooms. Really great location for a weekend in SF, close to Westfield shopping mall, Market Street, cinema, restaurants, tram. Despite being central, the room was quiet. Bed was very comfortable.

The only slight thing was a slightly too forward staff member at the front desk, or more like a slightly off sense of humor. But nothing serious or to complain about. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear n1373j,
Greetings from San Francisco and Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. The entire team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our bedrooms and our location. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to experience our new restaurant, The Cavalier on your next stay with us. Safe travels!
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for a conference taking place at the Moscone Convention Center. The Convention Center was an easy 8 minute walk from the hotel. I found the neighborhood around the hotel to be safe, although there is a large homeless population.

The staff was friendly, young, professional, and energetic. I noted the "hip" outfits of the front door staff with jeans, checkered shirts, and newsboy caps. I appreciated the citrus water available in the hotel lobby.

The hotel clientele was mixed, some older, many younger. On Friday and Saturday, there was a young, bohemian crowd lounging in the lobby and hotel bar.

The room was nice. On the small size, but appropriate. Bed was comfortable, good pillows. Clean and modern decor.

The bathroom was bright and clean. I had a few issues with the bathroom, though. I was expecting more toiletries for the price of the room. Only liquid soap was a letdown (I prefer bar soap for the shower). The shower head was rather highly placed, so it might be difficult for some to reach the shower head for readjusting. Also, the faucet of the sink was too close to the edge. Yes, these are minor points, but they are things that could be improved.

I was not happy with the complete lack of view from my room. My window looked out to a wall with another window. Surprisingly, there was a decent amount of natural light in the room.

Complimentary wifi in the room worked well. Computers were available in the lobby as well. In-room safe was useful.

The location was good. One of the last stops of the cable car is located basically across the street. Other public transportation options were within 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel. Next door is a big, upscale mall with a great selection of stores and an impressive food court with high quality food (not the usual fast food joints). Additionally, there are many restaurant options within walking distance of the hotel, including some casual breakfast places.

Overall, I was happy with my stay at this hotel. I thought that the price was a bit much for what was offered, but the hotel is clean, hip, new, has good service and a good location. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelDeer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a thorough review of your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location and the overall atmosphere of hotel - we are quickly becoming the place to meet after work with San Francisco locals. I have also noted some of the constructive comments and the entire team is dedicated to alleviate them. Stay well and come back soon.
monterey park, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for a couple days in July. Took BART in from Oakland airport for Powell, walked across the street and the hotel is on the side of the mall. Perfect location. Front desk was very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed. The second floor is a giant game room to enjoy. It has a young hip upbeat vibe to the hotel. Highly recommended if you are staying in the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear quickjaunt1,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your trip in the city and at Hotel Zetta. Our location puts the entire city at your doorstep and if you feel like staying in, our team, amenities, bars, restaurant and playroom are here to provide you with non stop entertainment. The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Safe travels!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent the night at the Zetta while in San Francisco. From the minute I stepped in I knew I'd like this property. I was greeted at my car door by a smiling bell man who took my bags and led me to the front desk. Everyone was upbeat, energetic and fun. The check in process was quick.

The hotel is like a huge museum of modern art. The 'chandelier' outside the lobby is one of my favorite pieces. Look up while you wait for the elevator and you'll see what I'm saying.

The room was bright and clean, the bed very comfortable. The room looked more like a hip, midtown loft apartment than a hotel room. I got a corner room so there was a lil bit more space. The bathroom was spotless and very well appointed. There's even some cool 'bathroom' art in there.

The lobby has a small bar which is very fun in the evenings. There's also a small game room on the upper level of the lobby where I spent some time playing pool.

Everything about the hotel was great. Good energy from the staff, good location just off Market St.

Room Tip: pay attention to the art around the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear StefanTC,
All our art and design of the hotel is based on the "Recycle, Reuse, Re purpose" concept, it is a lot of fun to walk through the hotel and discover the details of every pieces. I hope that you had a chance to try our restaurant, like our S&R lounge in the lobby, it attracts a great crowd and is quickly becoming a destination on the San Francisco restaurant scene.
We hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We do one big trip a year. We flew to Seattle from Atlanta and stayed in a beautiful hotel, drove to Portland OR and took a train to San Francisco. Worried that we would loose our first day because of an early arrival I called a head. A kind voice was not able to confirm early checking but asked for is to come store bags and start with breakfast near by. Later when at the desk to check-in they noted our call and had a room ready. Great surprise! Staff was super friendly, casual yet professional is so hard to find but Zetta has it.

Later after a quick change we headed out and didn't need a concierge at all. The location is a dream. We saw the sites, shopped even headed out after 11p one day to find Thai food and found the best Thai we've had.

Thank you Hotel Zetta! We need more just like you.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Tiasteacup,
I am glad that we could be part of your annual trip and that we were able to accommodate your with an early check-in. We are having fun doing what we do and we are very proud that it is being noticed. You are always welcome back whether you travel for business or pleasure.
Benjamin Duverge - General Manager

Been to Hotel Zetta San Francisco? Share your experiences!