“Swanky Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Zetta San Francisco

You added Hotel Zetta San Francisco to your Saves list
Hotel Zetta San Francisco
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Formerly Hotel Milano) (SoMa)   |
Special Offer
Save 10% + Free WiFi
Ranked #26 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“Swanky Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hotel Zetta was so adorable! The games on the second floor were so cool an the bar is really cute. it's a very nice hotel, worth every penny. The staff was very accommodating and the rooms are large. I come to SF every year in the spring and I'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear andicheergirl,
Thank you for the nice review and for staying with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The entire team at Hotel Zetta is looking forward to welcoming you back and hopefully it will be before next spring.
Benjamin Duverge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Zetta twice now and can't wait to go back again. The staff are so welcoming, they treat you as an individual not just a number, one of the advantages of staying in a boutique hotel, and they are extremely helpful. The rooms are spacious, and feel like a real haven whether you are on holiday or working. Beds are so comfortable and the attention to detail in the rooms is very apparent; the big bottles of body wash/shampoo/conditioner, not your normal offerings from a hotel. A well-stocked mini-bar and big flat screen tv. The lobby is stylish and relaxing, large sofas and arm chairs make for a very relaxing drink at the end of a long day and the food is top quality also. The location of the hotel is so great also, close to Union Square, Market St and the Powell St Cable car plus you can walk just next door to the Westfield mall. Nothing negative to say about this place, can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear GSinclair83,
Thank you so much for the great feedback and for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and and our very proud team. Our new restaurant is opening in August and I am sure that you will enjoy this new venue on your next stay. It is going to be spectacular. Thank you again, the entire team is excited of welcoming you back.
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

No, not the hotel, my friend stayed at this hotel. And, not just the bar... check out the UPSTAIRS 2nd floor GAMEROOM (lounge)! Shuffle board, billiards, Super jenga, soccer balls that pachenga down a maze to the first floor, TV rooms, hang out rooms, etc... This is the coolest "lounge" ever! I'm surprised it was as empty as it was.

Anyway, we met at the bar, and "discovered" the GAMEROOM and had a blast. Every hotel should have one. Every town should have one... Every cool place should have one! I want one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Jim S,
Thank you for visiting your friend and patronizing our lounge. You are right every cool place should have a Playroom! Fortunately for us we are the only one in San Francisco to have such a Playroom and it is also getting very popular with guests and local alike.
Hopefully you will be staying with us during your next trip to San Francisco.
beijing, china
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had some meetings in SF and really didn't want to stay in a chain hotel, so found this boutique hotel close to my meeting locations.

The hotel is newly renovated and the rooms were not only quite big, but also well designed. I enjoyed details like the painted books on the bathroom wall, with tech books like "Steve Jobs". The wall painting in the bedroom was of a face whose image consisted of floppy disk designs. The lobby had a big installation wall game. The 5'' wood plank floors were also beautiful.

The service was great, but not a 5 or 6 star hotel where they're all over you. They are definitely trying hard to please the guests, but it's still a new hotel.

Overall, if you're looking for a nice, hip, boutique hotel in SF, this one is great! But don't expect the elegant Four Seasons/Mandarin type of feel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear AFHamm,
Thank you for staying with us! I am delighted that you enjoyed all the details of our design while you stayed with us. We do have all the details and history of our unique art on our Facebook page, feel free to visit our page.
I truly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just recently finished staying at the newly opened Hotel Zetta this weekend. What a nice surprise. The hotel is in a great location for shopping and sightseeing. It is close to Union Square, Market St and the Powell Street Cable Car. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The lobby stylish and the cocktail bar was a great place to hang out and socialize with friends. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear bryantcameron,
I am thrilled that we were able to surprise you with our new hotel. We do have indeed a great location, in the middle of it all and we spent a lot time in the design of the hotel to make it truly unique and different. Thank you for the nice comment regarding our team, they are proud of what they do and they will love reading your comments.
Thank you again, we hope to see you soon at Hotel Zetta San Francisco.
Benjamin Duverge - General Manager
Richmond, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel is a hit on many levels. It's located in the center of everything; you literally don't have to cross the street for shopping, restaurants, or to get transportation (even public transportation). My room was on the fourth floor and faced Mission Street. I could see the rooftop of the adjacent building, the Mission Street parking garage and the InterContinental Hotel (with the blue tinted glass) towering behind it. It was pretty spacious, clean, and well-appointed with a safe, well-stocked mini-bar, etc. The bathroom was equally spacious, clean, and well-appointed. The HD TV was huge with great signal. However, I spent most of my time outside and didn't get to use the TV as much. I did not hear any outside traffic noises except for the occasional muted siren from emergency vehicles.

Another hit was that apparently I was on the "green" plan, which meant I had a $10 credit for use towards the mini-bar. I didn't know about it until I checked out, but the front desk agent gave me bottles of water instead. Oh, the front desk staff were very nice and never failed to greet me each time I returned to the hotel.

The misses: while some people complain about parking, I consider it a cost of doing business with all San Francisco hotels, so I would not count parking as a miss -- especially as I didn't use that service. Some of the minor misses would be having to hear the occupants in adjacent rooms (but it sounded like they were talking extra-loud and being extra-exuberant); if they spoke in their normal volumes I suppose I wouldn't hear a thing. The a/c unit was also quite loud, but didn't bother me too much. I'd rather be in a noisy cool room than a quiet, but overly warm room (plus I always bring earplugs). The double-paned window opened could open, which is what I did on my first day. When I looked to the side-street below, I saw a bunch of industrial trash containers. Not a great sight and you don't see them if you look straight out the window. However, the trash containers are kind of smelly and there are flies. I mention this not because of the smell (which I didn't notice) but because a fly found its way into the room. I managed to chase it back out and I kept the window shut from then on. That's it, I don't have much else to complain about.

A hotel like this deserves multiple return visits, which I intend to do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bay-Arean2,
Thank you for staying with us and for using Trip Advisor to share your experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, location and the room. Our design inspiration is Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose and we are also incorporating it in our operation, I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our Stay Green program during your stay. Thank again, the entire team at Hotel Zetta is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Benjamin Duverge - General Manager
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel before the renovation and the difference is incredible. It has a very urban and modern look but intimate and warm feel. The rooms are great, especially the wonderful bath rooms and large screen tv's. I liked the ability to have limited food service, but can't wait for the restaurant to be finished. The hotel staff remind me of some of the B&B's I've stayed at in Mendocino. They are all about the guests. Great job Hotel Zetta!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear 737Jason737,
Thank you for coming back and staying with us after out $13 Millions transformation, I am glad that you are as excited as we are about our new, unique and exciting design and our very friendly team. I will make sure to celebrate your comments with them as they are very proud of what they do and they love to hear it from our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you back when our restaurant opens in August.
Happy travels in California!
Benjamin Duverge

Been to Hotel Zetta San Francisco? Share your experiences!