“Hotel Zetta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Zetta San Francisco

Save Saved
You added Hotel Zetta San Francisco to your Saves list
Hotel Zetta San Francisco
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Fifth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Formerly Hotel Milano) (SoMa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 10% Plus Free WiFi
Ranked #20 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Santa Rosa, California
“Hotel Zetta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel before the renovation and the difference is incredible. It has a very urban and modern look but intimate and warm feel. The rooms are great, especially the wonderful bath rooms and large screen tv's. I liked the ability to have limited food service, but can't wait for the restaurant to be finished. The hotel staff remind me of some of the B&B's I've stayed at in Mendocino. They are all about the guests. Great job Hotel Zetta!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear 737Jason737,
Thank you for coming back and staying with us after out $13 Millions transformation, I am glad that you are as excited as we are about our new, unique and exciting design and our very friendly team. I will make sure to celebrate your comments with them as they are very proud of what they do and they love to hear it from our guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you back when our restaurant opens in August.
Happy travels in California!

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for thee days and was pleasantly surprised on the second night to discover that the clock/docking station on my nightstand was actually a streaming media station connected to my room TV. I pulled up Netflix on my iPhone and was able to watch a couple episodes on the large HD TV with the touch of a button. First time I have ever seen that implemented in a hotel room. The bar downstairs is small, but engaging with interactive games to play with your friends. Wi-Fi was great and actually fast....

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th and 7th Floor have stronger Wi-Fi
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear DavidL,
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you had an opportunity to use our G-link system, it is indeed a very cool piece of equipment and I am always amazed with the quality of the video streaming on our HD TV's. Hopefully you had a chance to experience our Wii station in our Playroom. Thank you again for staying with us, hopefully we will welcome you back at Hotel Zetta soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hotel Zetta is the new wave of stylish boutique hotels. This modern hotel has one of a kind decorations and art. It is a hotel that will give you an exceptional sensory experience. On the first floor you are greeted by a friendly staff, a swanky bar, and a cozy seating area. On the second floor there is a "playroom" that has old and new games that will keep children and adults alike entertained. The rooms are spacious with comfortable, contemporary furniture. Every aspect of the hotel is entriquing and welcoming. I definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you want to experience San Francisco the right way.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Jess Z,
What a nice review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor, I am sure that they will find it useful. I am so excited that you loved the hotel and I can assure you that with our soon to be open restaurant it will be even better. I truly hope that your travels bring you back to Hotel Zetta and our wonderful city.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I have to hold off on giving this hotel a really overwhelmingly "excellent" review for two reasons. The first is location. When leaving the hotel, market street and the general area to the right becomes a little iffy at night. To the left is Yerba Buena, Moscone and some really nice shops and restaurants. This has a pretty minimal impact to my review. The second and more important was disorganization of the staff and service. While all the staff where always incredibly eager to help us and beyond helpful/nice, they are still quite disorganized (understanding that they just reopened in the very recent past month or so). They called me to see if I needed a ride to the airport the next morning..but did so accidentally a few days before I was actually checking out, the maid service failed to replace almost empty TP which made us have to call the front desk twice to have it delivered to the room. They did arrange a car to take us to the airport on departure..we decided to leave a bit early and they eagerly called us an earlier ride..however, even though I informed them to cancel the later car, they forgot and the service called me several times while I was at the airport. Overall the hotel was beautiful, the rooms were great, and there is an awesome lobby with oversized plinko, pool, Nintendo Wi-U, etc. I would recommend a stay if you don't mind the sometimes inconveniences of a learning staff.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Zach S,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure to share your experience with the hotel team. I can assure you that the entire team is eager to provide an excellent experience and that we will put your comments to good use. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our Playroom and hope that you managed to score several 10's on our Plinko wall. Thank you again, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here for work for 5 nights. The hotel itself is really nice. Great beds, great TVs, big rooms, very stylish. Pretty great on every level.

Staff was also really nice. Really zero complaints. My only reservation would be based on location. Neighborhood is fine, but just a few blocks away from one of the seediest parts of town. But that was really the only negative.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear GilFennerty,
Thank you for the overall great comment and for staying with us. San Francisco is one of the most vibrant and divers city in the world and our location, adjacent to San Francisco shopping mecca and a few steps from the convention center makes us a great destination whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. As with any big city some neighborhoods are better than other and our team is here to assist you in navigating our wonderful city.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Zetta.
Regards,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Zetta two nights for business and I was delighted by the attentive front desk staff and the gorgeous art in the hotel and in my room. It's a newish hotel and it feels new in terms of the furnishings and cleanliness. It also is well located, just south of Market and within walking distance to Union Square as well as the Moscone Convention Center, not to mention the mall--it seems like the hotel is wedged between Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. The drawbacks were slow internet--internet is free for one device, but it was not enough to play streaming video even on a laptop. In addition, room service was very slow in the morning for a very simple breakfast. In addition, the wake-up call I ordered was seven minutes late. That's the first time I've experienced that in many business trips to San Francisco staying at other hotels.

Dear San_Diego_Traveler5,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I am delighted that you enjoyed our decor and attentive front desk. I will personally look into your comments and I can assure you that they will be addressed. We are offering complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel for one device with ample bandwidth for email and regular internet browsing, we are also offering a fee option for unlimited bandwidth and several devices more suitable for heavier streaming. Thank you again for staying with us, I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had a enjoyable stay in Zetta Hotel. the rooms and the building smell fresh, as the hotel has been renewed. Decoration is modern and rooms are clean and my room had enough space to acommodate four people during six days. Internet wi-fi is fast. The staff is wonderful and helpful. Location is great, near to Union Square, to cable car turntable and easy acess to buses.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Nattylovestravelling,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Zetta as your home away from home for your 6 days vacations. I am delighted that you loved our design, our colleagues and the size of your room. I hope that you had a chance to enjoy our Playroom on the second floor and that you tried our 2 story Plinko wall.
Thank you again and safe travels.
Benjamin Duverge

Been to Hotel Zetta San Francisco? Share your experiences!