We stayed here two nights. Off street parking was a major plus, especially after walking down one of the side streets coming back from lunch and seeing a broken car window with the glass still on the ground. I would recommend a second or third story room if you want some security. First floor rooms are literally open to the world. There is only one elevator and no hand carts for luggage were available the night we checked in.
Be prepared as most rooms don't have AC. We had windows open (there is a bar that prevents each window from opening more than 6") and the fan running. Even with the window open, the place was relatively quiet, especially considering that you are right on Market Street.
Yes, the complex is old, but the location is right. The front desk did claim they were planning to renovate the place this winter. The room was clean and modest, with a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, and a large closet. The bed was acceptable. Public transportation is a short walk away. In a nutshell, it served our purpose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Castro, Beck's Motor Lodge is surrounded by charming tree lined streets, unique restaurants and lively nightlife. We have a private sundeck where you will enjoy lovely views of the city. Public transportation via the historic streetcar is available outside your door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Beck's Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beck`s Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Becks Motel San Francisco
- Becks Hotel San Francisco
- Becks Motor Lodge San Francisco