“Great, challenging tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 298 activities in San Francisco
Type: Segway Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: San Francisco is best enjoyed as you glide through its streets and along the waterfront. Our world-class tour guides provide heaps of unique and fascinating stories that make this the city's most fascinating tour! All tours are limited in size so you can count on a great and a personal experience full of fun and fantastic photo ops! City Segway Tours is the original Segway tour company! When you glide with us, you’ll know you are gliding with the original and the best.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
King's Lynn
4 attraction reviews
“Great, challenging tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

At the time of writing I have been on 11 segway tours and the one at San Francisco rates as one of the best. However, it is one of the more challenging. This is not the due to the tour company but rather the nature of San Francisco.. it's a busy city and challenging to navigate be it on segway, by car or on foot. However, if you have been on a Segway tour in one of the more open locations where you are free to roam just keep in mind in San Francisco you need to be a little more disciplined and keep your wits about you.

However, do not let this put you off. Quite the opposite, I highly recommend the tour. One of my friends had never been on a segway before and at the end of it he said if he had an extra day he would have done the advanced tour. Our tour guide, Miss K, was entertaining and enthusiastic and made sure we all got included - and I can vouch for this as I was the "anchor" of the segway train and she made sure I heard all of talks.

This is definitely one of the more informative segway rides I have been on and with the geographical topology of San Francisco, whizzing about on a Segway certainly makes covering ground on the steep hills all the less exhausting.

If you are someone who does the tours mainly for the Segways then obviously San Francisco does not present many opportunities to go wild on them, however there are a couple of times where you are in an open space, particularly at the pier where there is space, and you are given time, to enjoy the equipment.

However, you are in a San Francisco, one of America's most historic cities - there is so much to learn you will never feel bored on this tour!

San Jose, California
“City Segway Tours San Francisco - very fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had a brother in town from the East Coast and decided to bring him on a SF Segway Tour. Was the first time for both of us riding a Segway. I found this company via Living Social. Glad I did, very fun time! Riding on a Segway is an excellent way to see a City. You get to see so much in a shorter amount of time than a walking tour and dont have to worry about parking. We hit a bunch of spots around the waterfront, including the Harbor, Aquatic Park, Chrissy Fields and the Palace of Fine Arts. We also cruised through the Marina neighborhoods for a bit and saw some beautiful homes. David, our tour guide, was excellent and really fun to hang out with and very knowledgeable of the area. IF you haven't rode a Segway before, it will take you @ 5min to get used to it. Then you wont want to get off! They have a night tour as well and a hills of SF tour, which i definitely plan to do. After being a bit skeptical about whether this would be fun thing to do, I now highly recommend it,and you will too. Enjoy!

Sarasota, Florida
“Fun for all Ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've been to San Francisco many times. We always try to experience one new thing each trip. The weather was gorgeous, so, why not try a segway tour?! Now, we're not young anymore, but can get around walking, so when they asked if we could stand up for a three hour tour, we were skeptical, but hey, why not!? Well, let me tell you, it was awesome! We were both nervous at first on the Segway, and I didn't know if I could actually "become one" with it...but after the first 1/2 hour...I was! We saw sights that even experienced San Francisco tourists like us, didn't realize existed! If you only do one thing, take this tour! The guides (ours was Kristian, or Ms K!), are very cheerful and always quick with a quip. Very knowledgable, and always agreeable with taking a snapshot of you! It's definately a must-do when you go to San Francisco. Highly recommend! C'mon, be adventurous!

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
20 attraction reviews
“Awesome tour of the city!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I visited San Fran with a friend and his son and had plans to take in the San Jose Sharks hockey game. When the players got locked out and the game cancelled, we had to find something to fill a Saturday night. We booked a segway tour and I really wasn't that excited about it when we booked it. Boy did my attitude change quickly when it started!! This was one of the highlights of my trip!! There were seven on our tour and none of us had ever been on a segway before. Nick, our guide, did an awesome job teaching us how to ride it and was so patient with all the first timers!! We took the night time tour and I would highly recommend this over a daytime tour. Seeing the city and Fishermans' Wharf lit up at night from several different perspecitves was cool. Our tour guide even bootlegged our tour up to Coit Tower, which is a part of the advanced tour not normally done on our tour. But because our group got the hang of it quickly and was enjoying it so much, Nick took us straight uphill with the segways.

So no matter which city we end up in, we are definitely planning a segway tour!! You can't go wrong choosing City Segway Tours to show you a good time!

Warrenton, Missouri, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Best time ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Without a doubt. Don't die without doing this. And although I have no other companies to compare with. The people here were so nice and just fun to be with.. My wife was nervous at first butt she did great, its easy after the first few min. I never give reviews butt just had to this time....