“Very helpful” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
San Francisco Convention & Visitors Bureau
201 Third Street, Ste. 900, lower level, Powell and Market Sts., Union Sq., San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
415-391-2000
365 attraction reviews
2,334 helpful votes 2,334 helpful votes
“Very helpful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were staying in the area and this was very helpful. I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do during my couple of days in the city, but they helped me refine my plans. Thanks for their help in making this a great trip.

Visited September 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
264 attraction reviews
“This is a great first stop when visiting San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Though I once lived in Berkeley and still get to the Bay frequently, I often stop here when visiting San Francisco since these friendly and helpful folks can tell me what I should see that I haven't visited before, and just as importantly, how to use public transportation to get there. My most recent visit was to find out how to get to the north end of Golden Gate Park from the Visitors Bureau (at the Powell St. BART stop), and I was given clear directions for catching the right streetcar that really helped. There are also racks full of brochures, and I always find something new in them that is interesting and unusual.

One warning: You WILL get panhandled when entering or leaving the Visitor Bureau (or both). This is prime territory for that (obviously). In many visits, I've never been shaken down very aggressively - they will generally respond to your "Sorry, I can't help you" with their own "Have a good day", but it helps to keep walking briskly.

Visited October 2011