“Great location even better food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pier 23 Cafe

Pier 23 Cafe
On the Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA (North Beach / Telegraph Hill)
415.362.5125
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #200 of 719 things to do in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Nightlife, Dancing, Drinking
More attraction details
Owner description: This bar, featuring great music nightly, is always packed.
Canada
10 attraction reviews
“Great location even better food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband had the seared tuna on sourdough and I had the crab cakes, both exceptional!
Had the privilege of watching the America's Cup while dining.
Busy spot with good prices for excellent food!

Visited September 2013

“Great food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had fish and chips, YUMMY!! My husband had fish tacos, oh so good! We would recommend this quaint eatery for anyone who loves seafood!

Atlanta, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
“Fresh seafood, great drinks, and a beautiful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I stopped into Pier 23 having just seen the place on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. After a short wait, we were seated on the back patio overlooking the water and Alcatraz Island. We started with the fried calamari having seen the table next to us eat theirs. It was crispy, seasoned well, and one of the best fried calamari dishes we have had. I order the crab and shrimp salad which was fresh, sweet, and creamy. My wife ate the fish and chips. The fish was flaky with a crispy crush and homemade tartar sauce. To wash it all down we each had a Bloody Mary which was spicy and peppery. I even called them after we returned home to get the recipe. Pier 23 is so much better than the touristy places you will find along the Wharf.

Munich, Germany
10 attraction reviews
“Nice beergarden at the waterfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very lively and nice beergarden where you can sit direct at the waterfront. Can only recommend. Staff is very nice.

11 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable spot for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I found this place on TripAdvisor - and it was great! First, it is located away from Pier 39 - which is overcrowded with tourists. We had a nice table outside overlooking the Bay and the service was very good. I had the chicken sandwich and my b/f had the fish and chips. Both were excellent! If you are looking for a lunch spot - go here!

Visited July 2013