“Fun to walk across” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$149*
and up
Viator VIP: Early Access to Alcatraz and...
Ranked #1 of 317 Attractions in San Francisco
Type: Bridges, Landmarks
Activities: City walk sightseeing, Driving, Biking
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stretching 4,200 feet and towering as high as a 65-story building, this well-known bridge is the gateway to San Francisco.
Simi Valley, California
“Fun to walk across”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We walked across the bridge. Fun experience and good exercise. What incredible views of the city and bay!

Visited January 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
“What a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Golden Gate Bridge in 2011. I drove across it, walked across it and also biked across it. And all I got to say is, if you visit the bridge on a sunny day, with out fog and a cloudy sky, you will have such an experience. I just wanna go back there so bad! Far away from the bridge you can see the old penitentary Alctraz, which is so amazing looking at. It's absolutely a MUST if you're going to San Francisco. but don't forget to wear flowers in you hair!

Singapore
10 attraction reviews
“Nice view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Golden Gate is so famous and it's hard to lower the expectation once you see it. Nevertheless, if this is your first time, still worth a visit. I would recommend to visit during more conducive photographic moments like sunrise or sunset.

Visited December 2012
Bozeman
3 attraction reviews
“Bike it and like it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

On our last day in San Fran we still hadn't been to the Golden Gate Bridge and were very disappointed when we found out how far it was to walk from where we were and it was already late afternoon. We happened to pass a bike rental place and rented ourselves a tandem bike and headed out. Along with our bike, we got helmets (optional), a map, and ferry tickets if we decided to continue onto Sausalito after we crossed the bridge. We had so much fun biking across that bridge that we decided to head down the winding hill to Sausalito. Being on the back of the tandem bike with no real control the winding steepness of the downhill was pretty scary for me but the little town was worth it. Being as late as it was the 8pm ferry back was a pretty chilly ride (for mid May) but the sunset was beautiful. It was definitely well worth the money to rent the bike and it absolutely made our trip.

Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
9 attraction reviews
“San Franciscan native”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I've grown up in San Francisco for the past 19 years and never have I walked across the bridge. I decided this was something I needed to do if I wanted to call myself a native and the experience was amazing. I went on a clear day and the sights were incredible. I recommend walking over biking but this is definitely a must do for all sf goers!