“The Beautiful Painted Ladies” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Painted Ladies like an insider
Special Offer
$96*
and up
San Francisco Super Saver: City Tour plus Muir...
Ranked #129 of 719 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: A famous stretch of colorful Victorian-style house.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
14 attraction reviews
“The Beautiful Painted Ladies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I loved the Painted Ladies. We kept going back to them everyday we were there. We could sit in the Alamo Square Park for hours just staring at these houses. And I think we did! The beautiful architecture of San Francisco is what I loved most about the city. These houses have so much character. I want a house like this someday!

Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Iowa
20 attraction reviews
“More Hype Than Awe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Painted Ladies had my interested the minute I read that they were in the beginning footage of the TV show "Full House." Having been a big fan of the show in it's day, I thought the houses would be really cool to see, which they are....kind of. The face Alamo Square, which is a pretty sub-par patch of green grass with not much to stare at for foliage or flowers. The houses are in great shape, but it's hard to get that perfect picture since the road is lined with cars & other signs of city living. Overall, I would say that San Francisco has great architecture in many parts of the city - you wouldn't have to go to the Painted Ladies to see the Victorian era home there!

Visited October 2012
San Francisco, California
9 attraction reviews
“Maybe the expectations were too high”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As a native bay area resident, the painted ladies are certainly iconic. Growing up watching Full House definitely ingrained the image. When we went there, however, I was a little unimpressed. The park across the street wasn't in the best shape (lots of dead/missing grass, etc.) If you're around the area it's a good place to stop by (we were showing a friend from out of town).

Visited August 2012
chicago,il
40 attraction reviews
“came, saw, left”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My sister wanted to see the painted ladies while in San Fran so we took the hike. We were staying in the North Beach area so we figured out public transit and took a bus and did some walking. It's right by the Haight/Ashbury district too so you can check that out while you're there. It's basically just houses with some character that my sister rememberd from watching full house episodes, lots of tour buses come by and there is a park across from the homes you can relax at as well.

Visited October 2012
29 attraction reviews
“The Painted Ladies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

An intriguing glimpse of what life was like in SF years ago. you have to be interested in old houses, for this to be of value to you.