“Nice people. Bad food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tuk Tuk Thai Cafe

Tuk Tuk Thai Cafe
659 Union St, San Francisco, CA 94133-2811 (North Beach / Telegraph Hill)
415-445-7839
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
NM
“Nice people. Bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I hate to say it. But I was not very impressed with what I had to eat there. I had the red curry with steamed rice. The chicken was very rubbery and had no flavor. The coconut curry was remotely decent but not worth coming back for. The steamed rice was hard and not very good. The service was friendly. Also. As I am finding with a lot of places around San Francisco. No free refills on soda. Though you still pay a lot for them. Price overall was average.

“Wow, so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Quaint little restaurant. I love my Thai food authentic and this is definitely the place. The Panang curry is to die for. Had the most incredible taste. Service was great, very friendly, laid back atmosphere. 2 meals, appetizer and a beer left paying about 30. Can't beat it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Excellent food with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am vegetarian so had lot of difficulties finding a proper place to eat. i just went there and told them what i need and they offered me the best food i have had in SFO. great service, great attitude, highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sugar Land, Texas
“Good food and good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Tuk Tuk was a great pick. Great food for a good price, very clean for a hole in the wall, and we did not leave smelling with Thai food. We had Pad Thai, Flat noodle, Duck over rice, and something else. The noodles were a little over cooked, but the taste was all right.

Visited November 2012
Reno, Nevada
“Good food for a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

While walking around San Francisco my wife and I walked by this place. We read the menu, looked inside and she said we should look some more. We walked about 10 minutes and did not see anything she wanted, so she said lets go back to the Thai place. Boy are we happy we did. She ordered a fried rice with roast chicken. That was pretty good, she loved it, I thought it could use some more seasonings, and the portion was big. I ordered something with steamed rice. It came with a choice of meat, I thought I ordered pork, then it had green beans, bell peppers, and Thai chilies. This had great flavor, the portion was a bit smaller than the fried rice dish. But my biggest complaint was the meat was ground, and with the seasonings, which were great, it was hard to tell what the meat really was. And for my taste, it could have used more Thai chilies. Overall very happy with our lunch here.

• Visited October 2012