“Best Bakery Around/Good Pizza too” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 249 Restaurants in Quincy
ctj1982
“Best Bakery Around/Good Pizza too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Montilio's has the best baked goods around. We always go there for cupcakes and black and white cookies for birthday/parties/etc. In the summer, they have homemade ice cream sandwiches made with their chocolate chip cookies - so amazing. My husband LOVES thier rum cake too.

They also make a pretty good pizza (and they deliver). Their salads are great - always fresh.

They have a lot of young kids working behind the counter so service isnt always fast/great, but the food is worth it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Sweet Indulgence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Drive by this conveniently located place often and finally broke down and stopped in yesterday. Had a cannoli and coffee, which I took outside to one of their small tables. Surprisingly European experience for a busy street on the Milton to Quincy run! Excellent service, vast array of tempting Italian pastries, all of which look great. The cannoli was perfect.

Visited July 2012
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Overpriced for an average bakery.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Their pastries are decent. However, today I bought a cake for my mother's birthday and was very disappointed. It was disgusting! there was no cake, it was $25 worth of lard! Will never use this place for special occasions, I was mortified to serve this cake to guests. Even Shaws or stop and shop has better tasting cakes. Never tried their pizza but looks good. Service is slow. A bunch of teenagers that are too busy with their iphones.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Bravo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Great Italian bakery. Good pizza by the slice, panini. Lots of great authentic italian cookies, at a reasonable price. Amaretti cookies are my favorite. Delizioso.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Average bakery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I've been here a few times and tried various pastries, cupcakes, desserts, etc. I have also tried the Chicago-style pizza and the NY-style pizza. (I have not tried any cakes)

Honestly, I find the pizza much better than the pastry. I enjoyed the thick-pan pizza and found it quite tasty, (and I am a NY-style pizza fan). I loved the NY-style pizza and thought it had a great flavor. Nice mix of cheeses and just the right sauce-to-cheese ratio. The slices were also big. ($2.20) It was a little bit greasy, but I didn't mind because the flavor was very good! I have tried SO many pizza places in this area and haven't loved any of them. This will be my go-to pizza spot.

As far as the pastry, I would say the items I have tried have been "average". I really haven't found any of the flavors, frostings, etc to be anything special. I've tried different pastries on a couple of occasions hoping I would get something great, and I haven't. So, going forward, I will go here strictly for pizza .

• Visited September 2011