“Fine dining” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were at the Chowder House restaurant part of the complex. There are few places that offer white table cloths. This is one of the remaining few. Service was excellent. Our waitress was on the ball and attentive but not overbearing. Food was good. My husband had the lobster newburg and found the lobster tough and chewy. Don't know what could do that...over cooking or frozen? He says the sauce and pastry topping was good, the asparagus was good as were the French fries. I had the petite filet mignon and was slightly disappointed as the edges were well done. It came with mushroom sauce or bernaise sauce, I chose the bernaise and it was very good. The roasted potatoes and asparagus also were excellent. Maybe I should order the full size filet next time or order it medium raw as the meat was dry around the edges. All in all, a pleasant meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, Massachusetts
“Bland food, but a bottle of wine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We decided to try the 2 for $34 meal with a bottle of wine. Hubby ordered some sort of chicken with spinach and tortellini, he ate it all. I on the other hand, ordered a Limon chicken with mashed potatoes. I *think* the mashed potatoes had bacon in them. Not being sure I stopped eating them. The "Limon"chicken came with a breast of chicken with a "Limon" sauce, roasted tomatoes with a melted mozzarella cheese. The chicken had no flavor whatsoever and the cheese was like eating silly putty. I guess I shouldn't have expected too much for that price. The waitress' attitude was as if we should be grateful she even acknowledged us. I think we were the youngest couple I there by a good 40 years. I guess I can check that place off as having tried it, but I won't be back.....

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Quincy, Massachusetts
“three restaurants in one place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very near our house we have 3 restaurants in one location. Our favorite is the pub. The causual atmosphere is cosy. Beers on tap can come in pitchers for your table. The hamburgers and pizza is what most people love. For a more healthy menu go the back of the building for the the cafe. There is a cosy bar and and intimate tables. There is a fancier restaurant in the front next to the pub. For some reason you can not get the beer on tap available in the other restaurants in that bar. Upstairs they have rooms for functions. We attended two functions there and were very pleased by the event.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“I reviewed it last year, and it's still very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My last review spoke to the tablecloths, and dinner for two deal... which they still have. This time we ordered from the regular menu. Lamb chops, Filet mignon for around $21. Can't beat it. A large piece of broiled fish for $13. Wow! Still just as impressed with the quality and service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orange, California
“Amazing selection of cuisines to choose from”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

You can find virtually any cuisine as you run the gauntlet of this gastronomic tour de force! Although it can be very crowded with school groups and tourists (surprise), there is greek, asian, indian, seafood, juices - just about whatever you want. There is a central area with tables and chairs, as well as stand up table like a bar. If you are hankering for a variety of food, or are with a group that can't make up it's mine what to eat - this is a great, economical choice.

Visited November 2012