“Boston Marriott Quincy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Boston Marriott Quincy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I needed to get away for a night couple months back. The Quincy Marriott is a nice little hotel.If you do not want to stay in the city of Boston, I recommend staying in Quincy, as it is only a few miles from Boston

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

We are live locally and so we often stay a few night throught the winter at the Marriott or the Sheraton in Braintree. This past Saturday night stay was horrible. The restaraunt "Kilroy's" had only a few tables filled @ 6:30 pm yet the wait for the server to come over(20 mins) and for our food to finally arrive, was lengthy. There was only one waitress, albeit she was very polite and good at her job, but then the tables filled up so quickly, she just couldn't handle it. I ordered the lobster roll and it was the most tasteless one I've ever had, it was watery and roll was stale. My daughter had a magherita panini and my son had buffalo wings which tasted like that had been cooked twice; needless to say we left most of our food at the table and the bill was $62. We finally escaped at 8:30 pm.

The teens were excited to spend the rest of the time lounging in the pool and jacuzzi., since that was the purpose of our trip down the street! Unfortunately, the Hotel had deciced to close it @ 9 instead of the usual 11 pm. What a shock! I called "at Your Service" and told them of my disappointment and problem and they said the manager would call me back.. About 9;45 pm Eric called me and I explained that I lived locally and that the whole purpose was to be able to enjoy the pool area. He apologized and said something about maintenance being done, and that turned out to be a farce because we checked it out and no one was working down there. He said if I wanted, I could "leave" and wouldn't be charged for the room, and I said that I really didn't want to pack up and go out in the cold so I asked for the Concierage Room to be opened so the kids could have separate TVs, he said he couldn't do that. He finally offered me an additional room so that the kids could use the TV. He argued that the kids could use the pool the next day and I explained that my daughter had to be at work @ 7 am.

When I checked out they asked me how my stay was and I told them I was extremely disappointed, and they offered to take 20% off my rate. I wasn't happy with that and so I asked them to invite me back, and they said they couldn't do that. I've stayed at Marriott Hotels since I was kid and even met Bill Marriott last year in San Juan. This kind of service isn't typical of the brand, so think twice before you stay here.

In hindsight, we could've just stayed home and saved $150. What a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

If you're a business traveler heading to Boston, especially South of the city, you should certainly consider staying at the Boston Marriott Quincy. I've stayed here weekly for about 7 months on a previous project, left the area for about 6 months, and now I'm back for another project and it's as if I never left. First day back I got a personal greeting from Melissa who had my check-in ready. A personal greeting after being gone 6 months! That's great service. It doesn't stop there. The entire hotel staff is very friendly, going out of their way to help with any of your needs. Janice and Rachel in the Concierge Room ensure a good breakfast and after-dinner reception. I frequent the restaurant where the service level continues. Ask for Yanni, Susan or Kristen at the bar. David, the manager, has done a great job with the atmosphere, decor and fitness center.

If you're a regular traveler staying in another property around Quincy or even within 10 miles, I would highly suggest you give this property a try. You will be surprised at the service more than anything. They are ready for all your business needs offering meeting & banquet rooms. There is an attached parking tower with plenty of room and keeps your car out of the snow too. The staff is very familiar with Boston and the surrounding area and can make recommendations for dinner, events, attractions or a local shopping center.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I'm out here almost weekly and its a great property. Give it a try!!

Josh

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
rkmtravels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

As a business traveler who spends more nights in hotel rooms than at home, it's the little things that make the biggest difference when it comes to an enjoyable hotel stay. The Boston Marriott in Quincy takes care of the little things, and makes being away from home a bit more bearable, which is saying a lot. Most importantly, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The rooms all have large LCD televisions with HD programming, which is a huge plus for watching sports or whatever shows/movies you like. There's a nice sized lounge on the 9th floor and there's always a really great breakfast with a lot of choices. There are always some nice snacks there after work too. The staff at this hotel is kind, attentive, and a pleasure to deal with. I've had multiple packages shipped there over the last few months, and they always have them waiting for me when I check in.

If you need to exercise, you're in luck as there's a fitness room with ample exercise machines, a lap pool, and even a hot tub.

There are two separate restaurant areas and one main bar. A great place to meet people, mingle, and have a few after a long day at work. The restaurants, I believe, share the same or have a similar menu and have your standard fare. Very acceptable, and sometimes surprising me with outstanding dishes from their weekly "Fresh Sheet" composed of the chef's weekly specials.

All in all, it's been a pleasure to stay there for the past few months and I will recommend that all of my colleagues and associates stay there if they have business in the Quincy area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

This is a great hotel. Very comfortable and clean rooms. Perfect location, too. Not within walking distance to anything, but very conveniently located off of 93. Much easier to stay here than downtown Boston. We'll stay here again. :)

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We are local to the area and stayed here while we were having some work done to our house. We got an unbeleivable last-minute rate at Priceline for 3 nights. Our room was beautiful, roomy, immaculate. We made a special request for a cot one of the nights and it was delivered with no trouble. The doorman always had a smile and greeted us as we entered the lobby. That was the only interaction we had with staff, so I can't say more than that for their customer service. We ate at the breakfast buffet twice. The food was fresh, plentiful, nice variety. Prices were okay, 14.95 for adults, 5.95 for kids 12 and under. The lobby was a good place to hang out. Free Wi-Fi. Otherwise they charged 12.95 for in-room service. The hotel was busy all 3 nights with weddings, galas, corporate events, but we never heard any noise in our room. Nor did it feel "busy". They have an indoor pool which is really just a lap pool, 2 lanes, but our kids loved it. Plus they have a hot tub and gym. Overall we had a very enjoyable trip. Especially for the price we paid!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

Near interstate and by South Shore Mall about a 15 min drive to the airport and the downtown Boston. Very comfortable beds and had a great view of the city!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
BEST WESTERN Adams Inn
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Holiday Inn Express Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Nantasket Beach Resort

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!