“Bring your home equity line checkbook” 3 of 5 stars

Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Glen Rock
“Bring your home equity line checkbook”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Founding Fathers missed a great opportunity by not establishing a Marriott franchise before they founded America. My wife and I spent four nights at the Quincy Marriott and found many of our expectations were found wanting. First, I had no issues with any of the staff, except when I asked the front desk to turn down the awful music in the lobby at 6 A.M. in the morning. It was loud and grating and no once could find the control. And speaking of the lobby, the furniture and decorations were reminiscent of the 1964 World's Fair. Extremely dated, chipped and uncomfortable seating. I was surprised there was no ventilation in the bathroom (?) and the soundproofing between rooms seemed non-existent. I could hear every conversation in the next room. I will say that the bed was extremely comfy and there was an abundance of fluffy pillows. The food in general was over priced, especially breakfast. We spent over $40 just for eggs and toast. Skip the sausage, it had the consistency of lead and seemed to have been cooked for hours. What this hotel needs is a good, on site baker to make up for the bland assortment of pastries and bread they serve. For these prices, they can afford to provide a better eating experience. Fortunately for us, we were part of a wedding package and didn't have to pay the annoying parking fees. Bottom line, every part of the Quincy Marriott is a profit center, from the extra fee for wireless in your room, to the parking and the carefully hidden price tags on the "complimentary" bottles of water in the room ($2). Who closes the hot tub on Sunday afternoon at 4 P.M.? The Quincy Marriott!

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw looked equal. Avoid rooms near the elevator or soda and ice machines.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Robert S,
Thanks for taking the time to review the Boston Marriott Quincy. Candid reviews, such as yours, help our management team and owners make improvements for our future guests. We will be sure to take a closer look at the pricing of the items you acknowledged in your note to ensure we stay in line with the full service hotels in the vicinity.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Tanabe, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for a one-night visit on my boyfriend's birthday. Our interaction with the staff was relatively limited, but they were courteous and friendly. We used the concierge service to call a taxi, which was right on time.

There were a few very minor things that were unpleasant, but did not ruin the overall stay. For example, the toilet kept flushing itself randomly in the middle of the night, waking us up. It had a very strong flush and was quite loud! It is very easy to hear people in the hallways (at least on the sixth floor, where we stayed) which woke me up a few times in the early morning. There were also visible stains on the comforter.

I was surprised that parking was not included in the price of the room, but at $12/day it was only a minor inconvenience. I would probably stay at a less expensive hotel next time I'm in the area before staying here again.

Green Features: They do not use plastic trash can liners. Although they were visibly clean, I think this is definitely a practice they should nix for sanitary purposes -- especially in the bathrooms!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Aubrey B,
We're sorry you were unable to get a rested night during your recent stay. If you do find value in a future visit, we would be happy to have a quiet room available for you.
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for about 4 nights. It is within a mile or two walking distance to the station, but up a steep hill. The shuttle only works from 8-9pm, so anything later and you will need to walk or call a cab. It's also slightly unreliable since it makes two stops so sometimes they will say it "just left the hotel", but could take a good 15 minutes to reach you. I recommend taking the first shuttle to the station in the morning so you are guaranteed to be on it. The walk isn't too bad, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are young, fit, and the weather is nice. It's about 20 minutes into town.

The staff was courteous and the breakfast buffet for the concierge lounge was nice. Just your basic breakfast drinks and continental options with a few hot foods. I never made it to the dinner since we were always in town.

If you want to stop by the Adams National Park, it's only a few stops away so very convenient.

The beds and everything was Marriott quality. An extra touch was the umbrellas they had available for you to borrow. I would stay here again if I had a car, but not sure if I want to take the long walk and car ride to/from the station.

Stayed July 2014
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you are looking for customer service..think again...the check in staff will look at you like...why are you here?...and they will not be welcoming during your stay..so dont expect much if will ever call them for any assistance...the rest of the staff at the restaurant, housekeeping and lounge is quite good and service with a smile

The location is extraordinary (scenic, elevation and quiet) and very convenient if you have work in Quincy... about 20 minutes from the Logan Airport..so not too bad...though don't expect this to be a place you can step out walking for a quick meal or visit to local shops...

If I can avoid the check in staff...I think I do like the place and will visit again for work...though not recommended for family visits. Since that requires flexibility and warmth from the property and you will have to come to front desk to request...and they will clearly put you off..

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Coleen W, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our property. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the hotel’s amenities while staying with us including our restaurants. I agree that our location is quiet and provides our guests with a great scenic view of the local Quincy area and downtown Boston in the distance. However due to our location we do offer our guests shuttle transportation to the local train station, the area mall as well as the Logan Express bus station, which services the airport, to help our guests get around easily. I hope you were able to use the complimentary shuttle while staying with us to help you get around. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a welcoming arrival by our front desk agent and I will be sure to use your feedback as a training tool with our staff. I hope your travels will bring you back to the Quincy area and you will stay with us again. If I can be of further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Tarbert, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Comfortable + interconnected rooms for family with 2 beds per room. Convenience and facilities. We were staying here for 1 night prior to flying out of Boston and when we arrived during a storm so it was good to be in a hotel with all the facilities we needed

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I am a Marriott Rewards member so I guess I expected more! It was book at 7pm the day if the stay, so otherwise it would have been an empty room. From web site I thought breakfast was included, it wasn't, an extra $20. I also expected parking to be included, nope an extra $12. The internet, while free in the lobby, was either $12.95 or for a good signal over $15.00.
However, the room is nice and clean. we are overlooking the air conditioner, but as I mentioned, we did book late so I understand that.
The check in was easy, professional and polite.
Hopefully the $20 breakfast will be worth it.

Stayed July 2014
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. As a rewards member some of the items you spoke about are included as a Gold or Platinum Elite with the program. I would be happy to go over some of the highlights with you, and see if you would be eligible in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were here for the Cape Cod Getaway MS 150 ride and everything was perfect!

Inspired: the entire staff was very friendly and helpful!

Room: large, clean and a great bath with lots of water pressure

Location: excellent on the hill

Return: absolutely

Discovered: via the MS 150 folks

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you personally, for giving to a charity that is dear to my heart. Cheers for making us a part of your trip. We hope to see you in years to come.

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!