“Very good location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Auckland
“Very good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Arrived into Boston for a 2 night business trip. My group had 2 rooms - both of whcih were clean, tidy and well serviced. The front desk staff were friendly and professional. One of the days I had breakfast in the restaurant. I ordered from the menu as opposed to the buffet breakfast. The server didnt seem overly attentive not gave great customer service but wasnt rude. The view from the hotel was great. We found the location really handy both to the freeway and to a big mall - a good selection of restaurants. I used the hotel gym both days and althought it was busy I was able to get some space for a good workout with the standard selection of equipment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was my 3rd stay. All of them were for business. I love the check in and check out process. Is it a US thing, or is it a Marriot thing? It is so simplified and easy! It has a nice bar with some good food options. The buffet for the breakfast is not the best. Try to order your breakfast to your room. You pay a bit more but it is much better.
They have a very nice shuttle service for the businesses around.
Service is very fast and good, the staff is helpful and they know what they are doing.
As a result I am another satisfied customer.

Room Tip: 9th floor is the executive floor. You get to have some finger food.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your positive comments concerning your recent stay. I am happy you had the opportunity to stay multiple times and look forward to your visits in the future. We are always open to suggestions so if you have specific recommendations to make our breakfast buffet better I am happy to share with our food and beverage team. Please let me know. Hopefully you’ll be able to stay for pleasure soon; our shuttle can also bring you to the “T” so you can enjoy Boston!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

What a great view of Boston.... From the parking lot! How sad that there's no view from any of the public rooms. A great location wasted.
However it's a nice hotel with a good restaurant and bar (with a limited beer selection).
Apart from the names of the meeting rooms, there's nothing to distinguish it from a hotel in Peoria.

Stayed February 2014
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We spent the night on NYE and had a good time. The location was close enough to downtown Quincy and Boston. The room was average. I wouldn't stay here for an extended trip but definitely fine for a night or two. They charge you to park in their lot which I found to be obnoxious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments concerning your recent stay at the Boston Quincy Marriott. If you would be interested in an extended stay in the future and not happy with the parking charges, we have a free shuttle service that can bring you to many of the area attractions, the MBTA for quick access to Boston and Logan Express for Logan Airport. Please contact the hotel directly for more information!
Leominster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently stayed at the Boston Marriott Quincy during a visit to Boston. This is a great hotel with a great team of people that always make you feel like the most important guest in the hotel. During my last visit, Boston was in the middle of a snow storm, I relaxed with dinner and then took a swim in their huge pool. There is nothing like swimming in a very nice pool while looking outside to the blizzard. Thanks Marriott

Room Tip: Ask for a City view
Green Features: Very good, re-use of towels when possible, recycle
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago and were very happy so when we needed a hotel for 5 nights because we were invited to a wedding, we didnt hesitate. I booked it months in advance and booked with my Marriott rewards number...upon arrival we were greeted by Brad who noticed the rewards number and that we had been there before...he gave us complimentary parking for the duration of our visit...we asked for a quiet room and he gave us 442, a corner room which had lots of space...great bathroom, great bed and nice views. We found it tricky enough to find in the dark but once we had done it once, we never had a problem again !...so maybe if you have sat nav it would be easier....some of the streets signs are not visible in the dark. so be warned..every staff member we came across was so friendly and informative....bar staff are very nice and the food is really good. cannot fault this hotel at all.....cant wait to go back...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Brad is a gem! I'll be sure to share your wonderful comments to recognize his efforts. We'll also add the corner rooms to your preferences for visit # 3!
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I'm very familiar with this hotel, as I used to stay here about twice a year for several years some time ago, and recently put up some relatives in the hotel. I've been staying in hotels in downtown Boston more recently, but during this trip decided to book here, based on its proximity to my relatives. There have been some recent upgrades, which are great -- the lobby has been freshened up, and the room as well, with newer carpeting, artwork, and lighting. The location is great, and the employees with whom I interacted were all very professional and friendly. That said, I have two complaints: (1) The rooms are so far from sound-proof, I could hear conversations through the walls, and lots of noise in the hallway. The door to my room had about an inch or so of open space underneath when it was closed, and I ended up stuffing pillows up against it to try to block out some of the noise. (2) I don't know when, or why, the hotel decided to install gates and charge guests (and visitors) for parking, but that's just ridiculous. The hotel is situated high up on a hill, and there is no other option for parking, so you're forced to pay. It's $12 a night, but it really rankled. It makes you think the Marriott Corp. is nickel-and-diming its guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!