“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
kdawg999
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is my go to Hotel in the Quincy area. Got a great price for a room on a high floor. Room was clean as usual and Staff was great.
Had a great dinner at the restaurant as well. You will not find a better hotel in the south shore that is has easy access to Boston.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
We could not agree more!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Clean room; quiet. Convenient parking--OVERPRICED. Nice staff. Great location just off the highway. Easy to find as well. Gym and pool seemed nice but as usual, I didn't use them. Only downside was that there was little to do within walking distance.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Morecambe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

During the pemultimate leg of our Thomas Cook US/Canada escorted tour my wife and I arrived at the Boston Marriott Quincy hotel. We were booked in and shown to our room very swiftly. The room was very clean and comfortable. We dined, the first evening, in Kilroy's Irish Pub as the restaurant was being used for a wedding reception. The meals, however, were served from the Hancock's Steakhouse restaurant menu. As we were in New England I wanted to try some of the local specialities, so I started with the Clam Chowder, which was delicious! I then ordered the Fisherman's Stew -- this dish was so good I could have ordered it again!!!! Breakfast was served in Hancock's restaurant and was excellent, and served very quickly. On the first morning I ordered the Corned beef hash, and the second I partook in the Farmer's omelette. All meals, during our stay, were wonderful. The hotel was very well run, comfortable and clean and the staff were friendly, efficient, and very professional. Special praise goes to the wonderful waitress, called Susan, who looked after my wife and I each morning. The stay at the Marriot, although short, was very enjoyable and we would stay there again. I can therefore recommend this hotel and say it is well worthy of its TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2013!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We hope you think of the Boston Quincy Marriott on future travel to the States.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed at the Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel for a week while visiting our son for Thanksgiving. Due to being gold members, our room was located on the concierge floor and we had access to the concierge lounge. The staff at the hotel were friendly, and the rooms were clean and pleasant. There was room service and a restaurant available in the hotel, and while we did not use either, they would have been very convenient if we had needed them. The breakfast and evening snacks in the concierge lounge were very nice, and it was good not to have to leave the hotel for dinner.

Our only complaint is the $12.00 per day parking fee. This hotel is not in Boston, but in a suburb, and charging this amount to park seems unreasonable to me. Regardless, we will probably stay at the hotel in the future when we visit our son.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

A lovely, plush, clean and modern Marriott. Ridiculously comfortable bed and pillows. Appreciate the in room tea and coffee.
Overpriced parking and off the freeway. Easy to find.
Nice, efficient reception staff.

Room Tip: The higher the better the view over Quincy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The facilities at this Marriott were great. The amenities (gym and pool) were really nice. The restaurants were great for any meal, although it tended to be on the expensive side. The room was good, clean and comfy. I also liked that they had a shuttle to the T stop. The only oddity is that the hotel is by an office park. It is close to the highway, but the highway is a little topsy turvy at that particular spot (making it confusing).

I read some of the criticisms of this place and did not see any of the same issue with the pool closure or refrigerator. If you ask the staff, they will bring one to your room. I enjoyed the trip and would stay here again if I was visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a fridge if you need one. Bring flip flops to walk down to the pool on the f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stay at Marriott hotels enough to have elite status. I've never really done much research on a hotel prior to my stay as the Marriott brand tends to be fairly consistent in my experience. That is, until I stayed here. As I found out afterward, the hotel is terrible about providing access to amenities and services. The pool hours are talked about frequently elsewhere. As for me, I found that the concierge lounge is rarely available despite having hours posted near the door which suggest otherwise. Having stayed there for 4 nights, I learned that the lounge is available during hosted events like breakfast or in the evening for h'ores devours. However, if you want to wait on your friends in the lounge at 10:05 AM, it's closed. If you get back to the hotel at 10:00 PM and want to grab a snack, it's closed. Even room service has issues with availability. Dinner until 10:00 PM and their "all-day" menu is done at 11:00 PM sharp. I called at 11:05 PM and was told that I was welcome to visit the bar downstairs for a limited menu.

When I checked in, my flight arrived late in the evening and there was only one person working. There was a sign asking for guest to ring the bell for service. I rang and rang and rang. Finally, the guy wanders out to help me. He was cordial, sure; but, in no hurry what-so-ever. I'm sure he'd have been content to keep me waiting for an hour (as it was, I only waited 20 minutes).

As for location, it's pretty far away from everything. They have a rather limited shuttle service. But, you don't really have a lot of options for things to do in lieu of their limited availability of amenities. Despite being rather far from Boston and surrounded by pretty much nothing, they will go ahead and charge you for parking.

As for the room. It seemed average for Marriott, but my friends and I had back problems and slept rather poorly. I found a sheet of plywood between the mattress and box springs. I thought, perhaps, the previous occupant had requested it for firmness and removed it. The mattress was then lumpy. Also, despite rarely being accessible to customers, the concierge lounge has a rather sizable staging area which is rather loud with regular banging and clanking of things. I've never been more disappointed in sleep quality, level of service, or availability of amenities and elite perks.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I believe we were able to address all of your concerns since we were able to reach out to you while you were still on property. Please contact me if you were not satisfied with our resolution.

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!