“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed at the Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel for a week while visiting our son for Thanksgiving. Due to being gold members, our room was located on the concierge floor and we had access to the concierge lounge. The staff at the hotel were friendly, and the rooms were clean and pleasant. There was room service and a restaurant available in the hotel, and while we did not use either, they would have been very convenient if we had needed them. The breakfast and evening snacks in the concierge lounge were very nice, and it was good not to have to leave the hotel for dinner.

Our only complaint is the $12.00 per day parking fee. This hotel is not in Boston, but in a suburb, and charging this amount to park seems unreasonable to me. Regardless, we will probably stay at the hotel in the future when we visit our son.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

A lovely, plush, clean and modern Marriott. Ridiculously comfortable bed and pillows. Appreciate the in room tea and coffee.
Overpriced parking and off the freeway. Easy to find.
Nice, efficient reception staff.

Room Tip: The higher the better the view over Quincy.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The facilities at this Marriott were great. The amenities (gym and pool) were really nice. The restaurants were great for any meal, although it tended to be on the expensive side. The room was good, clean and comfy. I also liked that they had a shuttle to the T stop. The only oddity is that the hotel is by an office park. It is close to the highway, but the highway is a little topsy turvy at that particular spot (making it confusing).

I read some of the criticisms of this place and did not see any of the same issue with the pool closure or refrigerator. If you ask the staff, they will bring one to your room. I enjoyed the trip and would stay here again if I was visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a fridge if you need one. Bring flip flops to walk down to the pool on the f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stay at Marriott hotels enough to have elite status. I've never really done much research on a hotel prior to my stay as the Marriott brand tends to be fairly consistent in my experience. That is, until I stayed here. As I found out afterward, the hotel is terrible about providing access to amenities and services. The pool hours are talked about frequently elsewhere. As for me, I found that the concierge lounge is rarely available despite having hours posted near the door which suggest otherwise. Having stayed there for 4 nights, I learned that the lounge is available during hosted events like breakfast or in the evening for h'ores devours. However, if you want to wait on your friends in the lounge at 10:05 AM, it's closed. If you get back to the hotel at 10:00 PM and want to grab a snack, it's closed. Even room service has issues with availability. Dinner until 10:00 PM and their "all-day" menu is done at 11:00 PM sharp. I called at 11:05 PM and was told that I was welcome to visit the bar downstairs for a limited menu.

When I checked in, my flight arrived late in the evening and there was only one person working. There was a sign asking for guest to ring the bell for service. I rang and rang and rang. Finally, the guy wanders out to help me. He was cordial, sure; but, in no hurry what-so-ever. I'm sure he'd have been content to keep me waiting for an hour (as it was, I only waited 20 minutes).

As for location, it's pretty far away from everything. They have a rather limited shuttle service. But, you don't really have a lot of options for things to do in lieu of their limited availability of amenities. Despite being rather far from Boston and surrounded by pretty much nothing, they will go ahead and charge you for parking.

As for the room. It seemed average for Marriott, but my friends and I had back problems and slept rather poorly. I found a sheet of plywood between the mattress and box springs. I thought, perhaps, the previous occupant had requested it for firmness and removed it. The mattress was then lumpy. Also, despite rarely being accessible to customers, the concierge lounge has a rather sizable staging area which is rather loud with regular banging and clanking of things. I've never been more disappointed in sleep quality, level of service, or availability of amenities and elite perks.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I believe we were able to address all of your concerns since we were able to reach out to you while you were still on property. Please contact me if you were not satisfied with our resolution.
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

An excellent property. Well staffed with first class employees...Hertz Rent a Car desk available within the hotel...Great Restaurant and Bar...Kilroys...Not much to do around the hotel property as its in a Tech Area..Braintree Cab service a quick phone call away...and will take you anywhere you wish at a reasonable rate..example $ 55.00 to Logan Airport...$ 35.00 to Hingham Center....Excellent spa and swimming pool facilities, Business Center first class.

Room Tip: Request city view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Woodinville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I spent last summer traveling around the East coast with my mom, sister, and one of my aunts. We stayed at a lot of hotels and I think that this was one of my favorites. I've actually stayed here twice. The first time was in October of 2010 so when we were planning to go back to Boston, I picked this place out. Of course, it's always nice to stay right in town but for the price, this was a much better option. The hotel is up on a big hill so you feel a little removed from everything but the property is big and there is a nice restaurant right near the lobby that we ate at both times that we visited. There is also a coffee stand which we used while we waited for a shuttle. Take advantage of the shuttle! That is a big reason why we stayed here. There is a free shuttle that will take you right to the subway station so you can take the red line right into the Boston Common. So easy! And the guy that drives the shuttle was really nice (all the staff we met were vey nice). The shuttle leaves the hotel about every 15 mintues but when he dropped us off, the guy gave us his card and said to call whenever we were ready to come back so we did and he was at the station in about 7 minutes. Great! The rooms aren't super big but they were comfortable and we did order room service once because this was the end of our trip and we were pretty tired most nights. This hotel was also nice for taking the subway to the JFK memorial library and museum which I always make a point to visit. Overall, I really like this hotel because it is not as expensive as staying right in Boston but it's still so easy to get into town. Oh and it was much nicer to be able to park the car at the hotel instead of trying to drive in downtown Boston!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel because our children were looking forward to swimming in the indoor pool. Sadly, the pool was not open at all during our stay, with no apologies from the staff. The advertised pool hours (online and in the hotel's in-room book) are not honored and no explanation is given.

The room was a typical room - 2 doubles beds, a desk, a small dresser, a closet, a bathroom with a tub/shower combination. There is not a refrigerator in the room. We had a view of the city from our room which was nice. The staff were pleasant and it was quite as we slept.

The commute into Boston took about 10 minutes by car on the weekend (without traffic). On the nearby T (not walkable from the hotel due to the steep hill), the commute is about 20 minutes.

The concierge lounge has a nice layout and friendly staff. The breakfast was buffet style with many choices.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!